If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reclaiming UC and LCWRA

Options

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,085 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When you attend the appointment I would advise you to take the decision letter with you for the WCA. As I advised it’s not unusual for it to take a few weeks for them to update your claim. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Spike1776
    Spike1776 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Options
    Thanks @poppy123456 I will take the letter with me,I’ll keep reporting here on progress it may help other people in the future.
  • Spike1776
    Options
    Had a message today from my work advisor,sorry I can’t say work coach

well,I’m 65 years old in April and I certainly don’t need coaching Lol

anyway she has raised my issues with my case manager( I don’t need managing either) and they’re looking into it for me,

good on her for taking it to a case manager at least, should here back next week, fingers crossed.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fingers crossed @Spike1776 <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Spike1776
    Options
    @poppy123456 and others,thanks for the advice and support 

Had my commitments meeting today and as poppy123456 advised I took my WCA decision letter with me and they seem to accept it,well they said it might take awhile for the system to update that I have LCWRA,so,that’s a relief.They did also mention that I’m due a reassessment Aug 2024 seems an odd time since I’ll be six months of retirement but hey I’ll take it.So thanks everyone for the support
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Glad it's sorted. It's normal for it to take a few weeks to update your claim. As long as it's done by your payment date then that's fine. 

As for your review, timescales are just a guide and it doesn't mean you'll be reviewed at that time. LCWRA is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. Very few reviews are taking place at the moment for those that have LCWRA. When they do start back there will be backlogs no doubt so hopefully you won't be reviewed again before you reach state pension age. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Spike1776
    Options
    @poppy123456

ill keep my fingers crossed,it was stressful enough having to go to the job centre today for a few minutes but my WCA lasted a good hour and was mentally exhausted afterwards I felt dizzy and had to lay down for a couple of hours imo it was more like an interrogation.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Spike1776 I hope you are feeling better today? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Spike1776
    Options
    @Spike1776 I hope you are feeling better today? 
    Yes a lot better today,no stresses 

thank you
  • Spike1776
    Options
    Update I’m due a payment on the 13 th April,not had any adjustments to my commitments,still have work search by phone 23April.my statement will be ready 9th April,will be interesting if they include LCWRA I’ll wait and see and act accordingly.
  • Spike1776
    Options
    well it looks like they aren’t paying me the LCWRA element even though I received it during a claim in December 2023.looks like now even though I’ve claimed within 6 months they won’t pay it.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What have they actually told you? 
  • Spike1776
    Options
    What have they actually told you? 
    My work advisor told me I would probably be. Reassessed around August 2024

and that’s all I’ve been told this payment assessment period just states entitled to standard amount plus housing 

that is all I know thus far,I have asked under payment why I’ve not received LCARA element and I await their response.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    LCWRA is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. The review date your work coach gave you is just a guide. The majority of people that have LCWRA are not being reviewed at the moment. When they do start back there will be long delays. 

If you don't have any joy from the message you put onto your journal then request the MR on the decision not to include the LCWRA element in your payment this month. 

As an added thought, try putting the message under "service issues"
  • Spike1776
    Options
    LCWRA is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. The review date your work coach gave you is just a guide. The majority of people that have LCWRA are not being reviewed at the moment. When they do start back there will be long delays. 

If you don't have any joy from the message you put onto your journal then request the MR on the decision not to include the LCWRA element in your payment this month. 

As an added thought, try putting the message under "service issues"

@poppy123456 Thanks I think I will do as you say under service issues as I’m not confident I’ll hear anything via my journal,let’s see what happens.

this is all she wrote on my journal 

• Spike1776
    Options
  • Spike1776
    Options
    This was what they told me today,I have to go through the whole process again,I’m feeling quite sick about this.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I disagree and you do not need to go through another WCA. ! I've also looked into this further but it took me a while to find, sorry brain is mashed today. I found this thread on Rightsnet but it seems to suggest that you will have to wait 3 months before the extra money is paid.
    https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/17031/#87749 There's also a link in that thread to the UC regulations 2013. 

If you had claimed New style ESA as NI contributions only before your UC ended due to capital then you would have been entitled to it from the start of your claim.

• Spike1776
    Options
    I disagree and you do not need to go through another WCA. ! I've also looked into this further but it took me a while to find, sorry brain is mashed today. I found this thread on Rightsnet but it seems to suggest that you will have to wait 3 months before the extra money is paid.
    https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/17031/#87749 There's also a link in that thread to the UC regulations 2013. 

If you had claimed New style ESA as NI contributions only before your UC ended due to capital then you would have been entitled to it from the start of your claim.

Thanks @poppy123456 this is what they say,because I withdrew a claim February,if you remember I made a mistake on the amount and withdrew it I have resubmit fit notes for another WCA.My original claim ended December so still within 6 months but they’re sticking to,because I withdrew a claim,it all starts again.grrrrr.

• poppy123456
    edited April 9
    Options
    I still disagree.  Did you read the link I posted?
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.