UC WCA Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC WCA Assessment

ronaldo89 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
edited February 21 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all, would appreciate some advice please. I was awarded pip a few weeks ago due to my health conditions, and have now recieved a text message stating the following 

Remember your Work Capability Assessment is taking place by phone on 22/02/2024. Please be available between 13:00 PM and 16:00 PM for this call. Failure to attend may affect your benefit. Please check your appointment letter for full details of your assessment.

I havnt recieved any letter for an appointment. I started my universal credit claim in November as was previously in the LCWRA group but I started a new claim when I moved address and lost my element for this (silly I know, I didn't realise I could have just done a change in circumstances) but this brings me on to a few questions, the last time I had a Work Capabilty Assessment I was asked to fill out a UC50 FORM with my health situation and provide medical evidence. I havnt been asked to do so, neither have they sent me an appointment letter. All i have recieved is this sms. Just tried to call them but phone-line is closed on the weekend.

Am I able to request the assessment to be recorded? Is it normal that I havnt been asked to fill out a form? How will they know about my health conditions without one? Will they use the form from my previous claim?

Thanks in advance for your replies 


  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,213 Scope online community team
    Hi @ronaldo89, sorry you haven't had any replies on this so far. Have you managed to contact anyone about this today to get things cleared up?
    Rosie (she/her)

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,134 Disability Gamechanger
    As you’ve already been found to have LCWRA then you shouldn’t have to go through another WCA. 

    I’m surprised the system actually let you make another claim when you already had a claim open. When you started a new claim did you keep the same assessment periods? I would have expected you to keep the same ones and the same payment dates. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.