Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Blue badge and disabled bus pass

Options
janey12
janey12 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Hello everyone 
does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get a blue badge and bus pass with PIP please? Thankyou 

Comments

• JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 516 Pioneering
    edited February 17
    Options
    It probably goes on how busy & efficient your council is, but for my badge it took 17 days from application to collection & my pass was very quick, applied & had reply that it was in the post & would take 5-7 days to arrive, the same day, it arrived in 3.

• janey12
    Options
    JessieJ said:
    It probably goes on how busy & efficient your council is, but for my badge it took 17 days from application to collection & my pass was very quick, applied & had reply that it was in the post & would take 5-7 days to arrive, the same day, it arrived in 3.

Gosh really? It’s been 3 weeks …
    they haven’t even asked for payment of my badge yet .. thanks 

• JessieJ
    Options
    janey12 said:

Gosh really? It’s been 3 weeks … they haven’t even asked for payment of my badge yet .. thanks

That's why I said it depends on your council, they do vary on timescale.

Also, I received an email to say it was ready & payment was on collection.

Hope you hear something soon.
  • janey12
    Options
    JessieJ said:
    janey12 said:

Gosh really? It’s been 3 weeks … they haven’t even asked for payment of my badge yet .. thanks

That's why I said it depends on your council, they do vary on timescale.

Also, I received an email to say it was ready & payment was on collection.

Hope you hear something soon.
    Thankyou 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
  • JessieJ
    Options
  • Moonlady
    Moonlady Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Options
    janey12 said:
    Hello everyone 
    does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get a blue badge and bus pass with PIP please? Thankyou 
    My partners blue badge nearly took 12 weeks, which is basically what our London Council said it would respond by. Then got an email link to pay £10 then waited for it to be printed up
    Personally I think that is far too long. 
    I think it just depends on your own council. Good luck !

• janey12
    Options
    Moonlady said:
    janey12 said:
    Hello everyone 
    My partners blue badge nearly took 12 weeks, which is basically what our London Council said it would respond by. Then got an email link to pay £10 then waited for it to be printed up

Thanks my council said 6 to 12 weeks but I thought it meant people without pip as they need an assessment. I also read those done digitally take about 17 days. Yes I agree 12 weeks is far too long. Someone I know applied for a renewal badge and it took six months so I’m not holding my breath 🤣

• janey12
    Options
    Moonlady said:
    janey12 said:
    Hello everyone 

Thanks I rang the council and he said they were still dealing with October's applications . He said my blue badge would be a couple of weeks and quicker than my metro pass which I found strange. They’ve not sent an email for payment yet so I can’t see it being a couple of weeks. A friend of mine waited six months for a renewal which is crazy ..
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That is a crazy wait! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Moonlady
    Moonlady Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Options
    janey12 said:
    Moonlady said:
    janey12 said:
    Hello everyone 

Thanks my council said 6 to 12 weeks but I thought it meant people without pip as they need an assessment. I also read those done digitally take about 17 days. Yes I agree 12 weeks is far too long. Someone I know applied for a renewal badge and it took six months so I’m not holding my breath 🤣

Bonkers to wait that long really ! My partner had Mobility PIP when he applied which our council accepted as a gateway to a blue badge ( I know all councils have their own rules)
    6 months for just a renewal......OMG 

Just so you know, when we got the link in the email, we just followed the instructions we just paid the £10 by card and it was here within 10 days after that.

I think they either have a lot of applications or just not enough staff to deal with them

Hopefully it will be here soon for you. 

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.