DLA after pension age. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA after pension age.

lor6126 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
Hello I have a query I wonder if anyone can help me with. 
The situation is an 87 year old who has been on high rate mobility and low rate care for many years. They have recently gone downhill and now have contestant care needs, and need help with all tasks including washing, dressing toilet needs and supervision to take medication and so on.as well as being a falls risk with multiple hospital admissions for broken bones. 
Is it possible to notify DLA of a change of circumstance in the hope that the award may be changed to give a higher care component or s this not possible due to their age, and is there anything to consider before  going down this route, 
thank you. 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,271 Disability Gamechanger
    They can request a supersession by ringing DLA. For mid rate care they need to have frequent care needs during the day or night. 

    For high rate care then they need to have frequent care needs during the day and night. 

    They also need to make sure that they tell them they only want their care needs looking at. You or they can also get some expert advice from an agency local to you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.