Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

PIP review

Options
Butterfliess
Butterfliess Community member Posts: 80 Connected
Hi,
I’m wondering if anyone could possibly tell
me when I may expect my PIP review forms? My current entitlement letter says that it runs until Jan 2025 does this mean I’m to expect the forms soon? I have read that people receive them a year prior to their award ending. 

Many thanks ☺️ 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,302 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you were awarded by DWP then usually it's about 8 months before the award is due to end that you will be contacted so should be around June this year.

At the moment there's considerable backlogs with reviews so when it is time for your review there's still likely going to be long delays. Your existing award will continue until a decision is made on your review, providing you return the forms on time. 

You should also make sure you treat it as a new claim and give as much relevant information as possible. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Butterfliess
    Options
    @poppy123456

Thank you for answering that for me ☺️.  I shall wait for the forms to arrive when they do. Even after doing this before the whole process is very daunting. It’s great to have a place to ask questions. 
    Thanks again ☺️
  • Butterfliess
    Options
    @poppy123456

sorry to be a pain and ask
    another question. The last time I received a PIP review form it gave me 3 months to send back instead of the usual 1 month. Is this still the case? Wondering if that was just for the time being or if it’s the usual now? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sounds like that was back in 2021 because the same happened to me for that review. That's not the case now. You will have 1 month to return it, though could be slightly less depending on how long it took to receive the form. You can ring PIP to as to extend that time and they will give an extra 2 weeks. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Butterfliess
    Options
    Yes it was in 21, thanks for replying ☺️ apologies for the tag. 
  • Butterfliess
    Options
    Another question on the matter of pip reviews. 

My PIP letter states till Jan 2025. As Poppy has kindly answered my first question. Around 8 months prior to my award ending they start the review process. If I was to loose my PIP after this. Would I still get it till the Jan 2025 or would it stop when they make that decision?

I know this is some time away yet, but the brain likes to worry and plan.. sometimes having answers can help understand. This isn’t my first review and i still worry. 
    Thanks again ☺️
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Any new decision made on a review will overrule your current award. Therefore, if refused your PIP will stop because there will be no award in place for you to continue to be paid. 

There's extremely long delays and the majority of people are waiting 10+ months for a decision, some are waiting more than a year. 
  • Butterfliess
    Options
    Ok that makes sense. Thanks again for helping. I shall wait now for the dreaded form and go from there. ☺️
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.