Hi, my name is lorraine26! how long it will take now there assessing my PIP review?

lorraine26
lorraine26 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited February 20 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Lorraine,
I put in my claim for review of my pip last year in March,,they received it on the 31st March,,and I'm still waiting for a decision,,I received a message on 22nd January 2024 saying that they are assessing my claim ,,can you please let me know how long it will take now there assessing my claim. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,306 Championing
    edited February 20
    There's no timescales. You're not alone in the length of time you've been waiting. Some members have waited more than a year for a decision because backlogs are so long. 

You will likely need another assessment before a decision is made because most have them. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,395 Online Community Coordinator
    Hi there @lorraine26 and welcome to the community. :)

I can empathise with the wait, I'm also still awaiting a report on my PIP reassessment from March 2023.  There's a big backlog currently, so it's best to just sit tight and try to think about something else for a bit.

If you wanted to take your mind off things with some chat or games, we have a great Coffee Lounge and the Games Lounge to keep you busy. :) 
  • lorraine26
    Hi guys,thank you for replying to my messages ,,it is frustrating all the waiting,,I will try and be more patient,,I have a lot of health problems ie asthma copd diabetes osteoarthritis in my shoulders,knees 4 vertebrae lower back I've just had xray last week for my right hip and found I've also got osteoarthritis in it,,I suffer from depression too have done for many years,,with my conditions it's hard because I feel like a burden to my family,,
            Thanks Lorraine 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,905 Championing
    @lorraine26 Welcome to the community! :)

You are not a burden to your family. I'm so sorry you haven't been well. It sounds like you have support around you. I just wanted to check in that you have someone to turn to when you feel low?

The community are here for you too, if you need to talk or just need to vent <3 
  • lorraine26
    Thank you Hannah for your kind words,,it feels like an uphill battle,,I have since had a text letting me know that I have a telephone appointment for my review for pip on the 19th , I'm really worries about what questions they ask you, because I've read that they try to make you feel uncomfortable during the call,,would I be able to record the assessment? My husband and daughter will be here to explain how I'm effected each day,,I'm also worried as I cannot explain so good on phone,,thanks in advance 
  • poppy123456
    You can record the assessment but you will need to make sure you tell them you will be recording it, preferably before the day of the assessment.

Make sure you do not answer any questions with just a yes or no. Try to give as much detail as possible. 
  • lorraine26
    Thank you poppy  I will ring them before they call,
  • lorraine26
    Just another question,,I've recently been diagnosed osteoarthritis in my right hip,,do I tell them on the call ? Or will I have to wait and fill in another form and start the process again,,I don't think I can go through all this stress again,,thanks in advance,,
  • poppy123456
    You need to make sure you tell them. Although PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis. 
  • lorraine26
    Hi guys I've not been on here for awhile, I was told that I was getting assessment call on the 19th of march,they cancelled that call and rearranged another date which was sopose to be on the 4th of April, Again they cancelled due to assessed been ill,they arranged it for 17th which thankfully I had my assessment done finally. I was reading about after 48 hours I can ring DWP for a PA4 report but I rang nearly all day yesterday and as the operator said she will put me through, they rang off ,,I was ringing 08001214433 ,,I was just wondering if there is another number for them so I can ask for pa4 report ,,also about 2 hours after my assessment, I received a text from dwp saying they have my assessment and it will take 6 weeks to sort out but the assessed had told me it will take 8 weeks,just wondering has anyone heard from Dwp with results within 6 weeks,,
    Kind regards Lorraine,,
  • poppy123456
    That is the only number for the PIP helpline, there's no other number. Once the report was returned a decision can take up to 12 weeks, rather than 6 or 8 you were advised. 

Please remember that the report is a recommendation only, not the decision. 
  • lorraine26
    Thank you Poppy for your advice. 
  • lorraine26
    Hi everyone hope you're all well,
    Just  a quick question , I had my review assessment last week ,,I've received a dwp text saying they've completed my review and that I will get a letter in 2 weeks with the decision, can anyone tell me is this a bad sign die to them completed so quickly,kind regards Lorraine. 
  • poppy123456
    That’s a standard text and doesn’t mean anything other than what it says. 

Although it advises you not to ring them it doesn’t actually mean you can’t. You can ring anytime to ask what the decision is and they will tell you.
  • lorraine26
    Thank you poppy,,I just thought it was really quick with the decision,,I will ring them to find out,thanks again Poppy ,,
  • lorraine26
    Hi everyone, hope everyone is good,I've just rang pip up and they've confirmed that I get standard on living and enhanced mobility ,thank you so much for your help and advice. 
    Kind regards Lorraine.