Reporting Childcare Costs — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reporting Childcare Costs

Rafal251277 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hello. My name is Rafal. I'm single parent.
 My assessment period is from 15th to 14th every month. This month I reported my childcare costs on the last day of my period but UC did not cover my child's care costs this month.
I called there in the morning. And that's what I got in my journal this afternoon:
 " We talked today; I have asked your case manager, Mark, or one of his colleagues, to look at your case and answer the questions I have asked. They will respond by February 23, before 6:00 p.m.
This is usually done via your Journal, but if complex clarifications are required, they may contact you on the telephone number provided". 
Can anyone explain to me where the problem is?
 And what should I do if the UC does not accept my claim for childcare costs this month?


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,149 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm afraid I won't be able to tell you what the problem might be because I don't work for DWP and I don't know what your circumstances are. 

    Do you usually claim for childcare? 

    If they don't accept it then you can challenge the decision by requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,081 Scope online community team
    Hey there @Rafal251277 and welcome to the community. I hope you're keeping well?

    As Poppy has said, unfortunately we'll be unable to answer your question as we're not the DWP.  But I hope you get a reply quickly and the DWP can answer any questions you have soon, it sounds like it's quite difficult for you not knowing, which I can empathise with fully. 

    Albus (he/him)

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.