Chips - how do you eat yours? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chips - how do you eat yours?

Options
Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,025 Scope online community team

As I'm sure you're all aware, it's National Chip Week and I thought it might be an idea to swap notes on how you all like your chips.

So, what's your ultimate chip of choice? Do you like a chip shop chip, curly fries maybe some posh sweet potato wedges (yuck!)?

And how do you eat them? Is it the trusty salt and vinegar for you, do you like a slathering of ketchup or do you just fancy them plain and greasy?
Community Manager
Scope

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,830 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Chippy chips with salt n vinegar ketchup or curry sauce also proper home made chips 
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,563 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I like sweet potato fries if I'm being healthy with mayo or ketchup on the side with salt and pepper on and I like thick cooked chips with ketchups on the side with salt and pepper on.
  • sandraj57
    sandraj57 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    Options
    French fries done in air fryer with plenty of salt . Mayo .red sauce .barbeque sauce omg I'm a weirdo lol 
  • Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,549 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do my chips in air fryer now . Much better than the oven lol 😆. 
  • sandraj57
    Options
    So healthy too lol just had mine they were lush just wish I had made more 😂
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,109 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I usually make my own crinkle cut chips, but do get a yearning for fish & chips from the chip shop every so often! I eat either with salt & vinegar. I like homemade potato wedges made with balsamic vinegar & spices, but am not a fan of sweet potatoes in any shape or form either!
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,407 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 22
    Options
    I  like fish and chips from the chip shop with salt and vinegar.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,670 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Chip shop chips every time with lots of salt and vinegar, detest French fries 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• sandraj57
    Options
    There too expensive . How dare u detest french fries r u real lol 😂
  • AndyGT
    AndyGT Community member Posts: 736 Pioneering
    Options
    Proper chips. Some crunch outside and light and fluffy in the middle.  Served with a nice piece of cod out of paper sitting on the sea wall.  More than likely these days it would be on a bench next to the sea wall or in my chair next to the bench.  Either way it would be with Salt and Vinegar and NO crinkly fries and NO wedges...... Oh yes, ideally served with some bread and butter or a roll and butter. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Chippy shop chips. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    I do love chip shop chips, but they have to be slightly crispy, I hate the soggy chips!

Salt and vinegar for chip shop chips.  Or if I'm having french fries, I like them "dutch style" so ketchup and mayo. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,697 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am a bit boring, just salt and vinegar...I do love chip shop chips though

chiarieds said:
    not a fan of sweet potatoes in any shape or form either!
    Likewise!! :smile:
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Perhaps a controversial question but has anyone ever noticed a difference between chips from the north and the south of England?

Being from down South, but with family originating in Yorkshire, we have always noticed a significant difference between chips "down South" and "up North". Northern chips are far superior. We recently discovered that it wasn't in our minds, up North they usually fry their chips in beef dripping, which they don't tend to do down South!!
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    In the Midlands @66Mustang we do battered orange chips everyone seems to like, they are nice but I go for the plain chips as healthier. I do like sweet potatoe fries 
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    That's interesting @Sandy_123 never heard of battered orange chips :open_mouth:
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Seriously ....they are in every chippy in Midlands  some only do the battered chips  I go to ones that do both
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I do love chip shop chips, but they have to be slightly crispy, I hate the soggy chips!

Salt and vinegar for chip shop chips.  Or if I'm having french fries, I like them "dutch style" so ketchup and mayo. :)
    Soggy chips are the worst!! I love crispy ones from the chip shop. Ketchup and mayo sounds odd :D 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    but am not a fan of sweet potatoes in any shape or form either!
    Noooo sweet potato is so nice!! I only first tried it a few years ago and liked it so much more than I thought I would!
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Soggy chips are the worst!! I love crispy ones from the chip shop. Ketchup and mayo sounds odd :D 
    Seriously, don't knock it 'til you try it.  It works really well with crispy chips. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.