Confused about letter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused about letter

Options
Juthbert
Juthbert Community member Posts: 22 Listener
Hi,
I had my work capability assessment at the end of January and have been waiting to hear what group I'm being placed in.
Today I've received a letter saying that due to a change in state and security benefits,my payments will increase to £90 from April, but that I can only be paid ESA until the end of September. It says nothing about which group I'm in but does say I can appeal the decision. I feel confused now.
Is this just a general letter or does it mean I e been classed as capable for work? I've received a copy of my assessment and the assessor wrote that my issues were severe and she didn't feel I was capable for work for the foreseeable future. 
I know I should just phone them and ask but I hate using the phone, so thought I'd check on here first if anyone could advise.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That will be the annual uprating letter because benefits increase from April. New style ESA assessment rate will be £90.50/week from April. 

It is not the decision letter of the work capability assessment. The reason your ESA is only paid up until Sept is because it's only paid for 1 year unless placed into the Support Group. 

If the worst happens and you're found fit for work then your ESA will stop completely once the decision is made. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Juthbert
    Juthbert Community member Posts: 22 Listener
    Options
    Thank you Poppy. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.