Universal credit review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit review

Options
cashy69
cashy69 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi just wondering if anyone can give me any advice 
my daughter as been on universal credit for six months and lwcra for two month they have now messaged saying shes getting a review im her appointee and her money goes into my bank which they have known from the start ive sent a picture of her pass port then bank statements then they wanted a picture of her with her passport which was done and sent now its a phone interview she as aspergers and also bi polar her mental health is terrible and shes now convinced herself there taking it all of her is it really necessary for all this i understand they need to do a review but they keep asking for everything and no one even answers back on her journal when im leaving messages.

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @cashy69

I'm sorry that it has panicked her. Unfortunately, it can take a few days for them to get back to you over the journal and it can be a waiting game with the review. You mentioned her mental health hasn't been great, can I ask, is she getting support for it? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • cashy69
    Options
    hi first of thanks for the reply 
    yes she gets some support shes also on medication i wrote on her journal 2 weeks ago and still no reply to that i had to phone in the end . Then i thought i done everything they wanted but now they want to phone for more evidence and i no for a fact she will not speak to them at sll its a nightmare with them .
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,646 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you are her appointee won't you be able to speak with them if they want a phone interview ?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• cashy69
    Options
    yes im her apointee 
    so i usually speak for her with her consent but they were abit funny about it last time ive tried to reasure her but she gets things in her head then obsesses about it 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I just commented on another thread where you asked the same question. My comment is the following.

This will be a standard review of her UC claim. They are reviewing claimants at random to check their UC claim is correct. 

It's vital that you send them what they've asked for otherwise her UC will be suspended. As you are her appointee then it will be your responsibility to make sure you send what they've asked for. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cashy69
    Options
    Hi everything that they have asked for as been sent but now there wanting to have a phone appointment which is fine with me but my daughter gets really anxious and obsessive.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The phone appointment is part of the review. As you are her appointee then you will be able to take the call on her behalf. They should NOT need to speak to your daughter at all. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cashy69
    Options
    thankyou very much for your advice .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.