Re wca — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Re wca

lydia5683 Community member Posts: 39 Listener
Hi, I've been told to attend a phone assessment as their was some conflicting info in my medical evidence.

Also the hcp told me that I didn't ask permission for them to contact my treating medical doctor, only giving permission to contact the dr who completed my supporting medical report privately who isnt my regular doctor.

I was wondering if the hcp is able to contact that dr for more info or does it have to be your treating medical doctor?



  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,282 Disability Gamechanger
    They can contact anyone for any evidence, though it's rare for them to do this. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jimm_Scope
    Jimm_Scope Posts: 2,705 Scope online community team
    Hi @lydia5683, your GP should be able to see medical notes too I imagine? They should be able to contact anyone, and I don't see why you can't call up and give consent if you would like?
    They/Them, however they are no wrong pronouns with me so whatever you feel most comfortable with
    Online Community Specialist

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us. 
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions are my own, such as mashed potato being bad.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.