New PIP claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New PIP claim

Options
Vonnie13
Vonnie13 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi I posted a message a few weeks ago, regarding Limited Capability.
I recently reduced my hours at work own to 12. I was assessed and deemed fit to work, even though I already do! 
I’ve handed in fit notes since September, I got  awarded PIP last week the standard living component only. Days after this I received a message in my journal saying they are staying with their decision. 
Job coach rang on Friday saying I may need to look into a new career. I can’t do the job I currently do which I’ve done until recently for well over 20 years. 
Any advice what I do next? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you’ve gone through the MR process then you can now proceed with Tribunal. 

In your previous thread you said you reported changes to your health condition, which prompted them to refer
    you for another work capability assessment. Have you received the UC50 form for that yet? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Vonnie13
    Options
    Yes I’ve filled that in sent it off 2 weeks ago.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then as I advised on your other thread, any new decision made on this assessment will overrule the previous decision. 

Are you proceeding to Tribunal for the current decision?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Vonnie13
    Options
    I’m completely new to all of this, I thought the letter I received was it, their final decision. So I’m still awaiting to result from the form I filled in? Yes I’m quite happy to take it to a tribunal if needs be.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 26
    Options
    @Vonnie13 I hope everything goes well for you with the Tribunal process! Please keep us updated <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Vonnie13 said:
    I’m completely new to all of this, I thought the letter I received was it, their final decision. So I’m still awaiting to result from the form I filled in? Yes I’m quite happy to take it to a tribunal if needs be.
    What letter did you receive? If it was the MR decision letter then you can now take it to Tribunal. 

The form you filled in was because you reported changes in your health condition, which prompted another assessment. I’m going by what you said in your previous thread. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.