PiP reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PiP reconsideration

Options
tracyj59
tracyj59 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
Hi Im waiting for the result of my mr for pip I scored 7 points on daily living and 4 for mobility so I input my mr it’s currently been 6 weeks and I’m very anxious awaiting the outcome it’s says 8 weeks is this always the case and will I receive a text once a decision has been made I have been receiving texts saying I should have a result by 15/3/24 if I’m not awarded I will go to tribunal 
thanks

Comments

• honeyhoney
    honeyhoney Community member Posts: 86 Courageous
    Options
    I submitted my MR on 02/01/24 and received a text message that my appeal would be considered by 05/03/24.
    Today, however, I received an unexpected phone call  from 0800... 0161 asking if I had been in hospital, prison, abroad and to confirm my bank account.
    Finally, he told me that the letter would arrive within 10 days. I don't know what the decision is,
    but as you can see, they dealt with my case a week before the date I received in the text message.

• dani09uk
    dani09uk Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Just thought I’d wish you luck! I’m in a very similar boat to you right now, although I’m a couple of weeks behind you (they said I’ll receive a decision by 28/3/2024). Was originally awarded 6 points in Daily Living and 4 points for Mobility; however, the assessor’s report awarded me 8 points and 14, respectively, and the decision maker went against it. The wait is thoroughly unpleasant.
  • tracyj59
    Options
    Oh good luck I hope you get the result it’s a nightmare the wait I haven’t got my report so not sure what the assessor scored me thanks for your reply 
  • tracyj59
    Options
    @honeyhoney sounds like you must be getting payment if they went over bank details hopefully all god for you 🙏
  • honeyhoney
    Options
    well... maybe
    in my initial application I received 2 points for daily livig and 0 for mobility

I am a realist and after my first assesment I learned not to hope. Well, we'll see
  • tracyj59
    Options
    Did you give extra evidence in your mr I just rang up and said I disagreed with the points awarded and hoping for the best 
  • honeyhoney
    Options
    no, I didn't call, I wrote 15 pages of MR, I treated MR like a new application, I gave at least 2 examples from my life in each descriptor.
    I also sent a few "papers", such as my test from an audiologist, a letter from a psychologist (which only confirms that I am under mental health care. I don't know if it's worth anything).
  • honeyhoney
    Options
    To be honest, from what my son understood, because he helped me translate (because I have a hearing problem), she probably (if he understood correctly) gave me something for mobility.
    Therefore, I have a question: if I decide to go to the tribunal, will I receive any payment until I tribunal hearing or will it be withheld?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,701 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    tracyj59 said:
    Did you give extra evidence in your mr I just rang up and said I disagreed with the points awarded and hoping for the best 
    This is something we don't ever advise. It's always better to put the request in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. The more you do at this stage, the less work you'll have to do at Tribunal stage and as the majority of MR remains the same then you could potentially be taking it that far. 

Another reason we don't advise to ring is because how do you know the person in the call centre is typing what you've told them? You don't know that so by putting it your own words they are it right there in front of them. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options

Therefore, I have a question: if I decide to go to the tribunal, will I receive any payment until I tribunal hearing or will it be withheld?

Any award you may have if you take it to Tribunal will continue while you wait for a decision. The best chance of a decision in your favour at that stage is to either appear in person or have a telephone/video hearing. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tracyj59
    Options
    I only found this site after sending my mr  and realised I should of gave more information hopefully I can get help if I need to go to tribunal 
  • honeyhoney
    Options
    Thanks poppy, to tell you the truth I'm not counting on any award after MR.
    My goal is to eventually apply to the Tribunal, now that I've come this far,
    and then focus on recovering both physically and mentally to be independent of their benefits.
    I'm only 56, so I have my whole life ahead of me  :smiley:
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone here! <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • honeyhoney
    Options
    I finally got a letter from my MR. Well I don't know what to think about it. I didn't expect this score, but:
    - for my daily life I went from 2 points to 15 points, so the final score was satisfactory for me.

However, for "Mobility" it is still 0 points. Which is incomprehensible to me. Considering I have an LCWRA in terms of mobility. and I have severe hearing loss, I also have mental health problems and I never leave home without someone accompanying me.

Therefore, I am asking for advice on:

1. Can I appeal to the tribunal only for the mobility component?
    2. Is there a risk that my daily living component will be taken away from me?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

• honeyhoney
    Options
    ... also chronic back pain so can't walk more than 50m
  • poppy123456
    Options
    1/ You can appeal the decision to Tribunal but they would look at the whole award again. 

2/ There's always some element of risk. However, if the Tribunal plan on removing points for the daily living part, which may affect your award they will have to warn you before doing so. They would either warn you on the day of the hearing, then the hearing would be adjourned for you to go away and decide what you want to do. Or they will write to you before the hearing date to warn you. You can then cancel the hearing, if you want and continue with your existing award. 
  • honeyhoney
    Options
    Thanks poppy this process is terrible. I have to think about whether to move on and whether I want to go through this again in 2/3 years. Although this is disability benefit, you must have good mental health to apply.
  • honestjon
    honestjon Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks poppy this process is terrible. I have to think about whether to move on and whether I want to go through this again in 2/3 years. Although this is disability benefit, you must have good mental health to apply.
    I agree with you but there is a positive side.
    You might have to wait a bit longer but eventually you will probably get the benefits you are entitled to.
    If you are genuinely too ill to work the system will help you so don't feel pressured to try to do anything you can't manage 
  • honeyhoney
    Options
    Thank you... honestly, these benefits are like a muzzle to me, I would rather be healthy, earn money for myself and be a free person.

On the other hand, it's always some help...
  • tracyj59
    Options
    Just rang pip today and they said my mandatory reconsideration is no change and I will receive a letter within 10 days I’m so disheartened by this do I carry on and  go to tribunal ? who can help me with this is it my local citizens advice department as I think I just never worded my application correct or shall I just apply again I was awarded 7 for daily living and 4 points for mobility thanks 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.