If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PiP reconsideration

Options
2»

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 15
    Options
    I'm sorry there hasn't been any change with your MR, which sadly often happens. However the success rate for PIP tribunals is currently 68% which is far more encouraging. It's faster to proceed with a tribunal than start all over again with a new claim, so definitely worth considering. You can look here to get some help locally: https://advicelocal.uk/  choosing 'Welfare benefits' from the drop down menu. A Welfare Rights Office would be the best option, but yes, you can also ask your local Citizens Advice.

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @tracyj59 I am so sorry that there was no change with the Mandatory Reconsideration. I see Chiarieds has given some great advice and information for the tribunal process. Scope also has an information page that I'd encourage you to read. Please know the community are here for you <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • BJ2018
    BJ2018 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Options
    I sent off my MR last Monday, do you get a message to say they have received it? 
  • tracyj59
    tracyj59 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Options
    Hi ye I got a text saying you have asked to look at it again text and a letter saying will be about 8 weeks for answer hope it goes well
  • BJ2018
    BJ2018 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Options
    tracyj59 said:
    Hi ye I got a text saying you have asked to look at it again text and a letter saying will be about 8 weeks for answer hope it goes well
    Thanks can you remember how long it took between posting and getting the text? I sent my off on 4th March but nothing yet 
  • tracyj59
    Options
    They sent me a text saying will be done  by 15th March and it was exactly to the day when I rang up in Friday just waiting for letter now to go to tribunal 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    tracyj59 said:
    Just rang pip today and they said my mandatory reconsideration is no change and I will receive a letter within 10 days I’m so disheartened by this do I carry on and  go to tribunal ? who can help me with this is it my local citizens advice department as I think I just never worded my application correct or shall I just apply again I was awarded 7 for daily living and 4 points for mobility thanks 
    It's not always the best idea to start another claim, rather than proceed to Tribunal. The reason for this is because starting a new claim and using the same evidence you previously used could see another refusal and you'll end up in the same boat you're in now. My advice is to proceed to Tribunal. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tracyj59
    Options
    Thanks I’m going go for tribunal hopefully can get some help I’m not that good in writing how my illness affects me I feel like I can talk about it better will try and get help off someone who deals with this. Thanks for advice 
  • Jon7777777
    Jon7777777 Community member Posts: 100 Courageous
    Options
    BJ2018 said:
    tracyj59 said:
    Thanks can you remember how long it took between posting and getting the text? I sent my off on 4th March but nothing yet 
    It's worth giving them a ring, my decision was in Dec and gad nothing in post and only found out 3 months later after ringing for update, it's strange how things are lost if ever sent 🤔
  • honeyhoney
    honeyhoney Community member Posts: 86 Courageous
    Options
    I finally got a letter from my MR. Well I don't know what to think about it. I didn't expect this score, but:
    - for my daily life I went from 2 points to 15 points, so the final score was satisfactory for me.

However, for "Mobility" it is still 0 points. Which is incomprehensible to me. Considering I have an LCWRA in terms of mobility. and I have severe hearing loss, I also have mental health problems and I never leave home without someone accompanying me.

... some update:
    after sending my appeal on March 28, today I got a call from DWP, they changed their decision and awarded me the enhanced mobility component.

So it is worth appealing if you feel you are entitled to something.
    I didn't make this appeal for money or a new car, I don't need it,

but due to the fact that I have an LCWRA based on mobility and I assumed that if I didn't appeal against the PIP decision where I was awarded 0 points for the mobility component,

I would then get a call. that if I agree with it, then lcwra, I don't deserve it either. I'm already confused because of all this. This is crazy.
  • MariaGi
    MariaGi Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options

but due to the fact that I have an LCWRA based on mobility and I assumed that if I didn't appeal against the PIP decision where I was awarded 0 points for the mobility component,

I would then get a call. that if I agree with it, then lcwra, I don't deserve it either. I'm already confused because of all this. This is crazy.

I would have thought the exact same way. Happy for you.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.