Waiting bank statements in post — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting bank statements in post

Options
zane
zane Community member Posts: 156 Courageous
Hi I have not sleep just want let know that my support worker called me want help me get bank statements I ordered bank statements but I don’t know how much got time left I got wait on my partner bank statement but mess her around I can’t send mine first since they have go together since want both bank statements my partner can’t walk well since she has not got long time care yet so I’m stuck not sending bank statements I really don’t what time got left esa citizen advice ring me tomorow try understand . I am stuck

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Bank statement can be ordered easily over the phone and only usually take 2 or 3 days to arrive.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,404 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @zane Sorry to read that you're feeling stuck. Did ESA give you a date that you need to have sent your bank statements by? I hope they arrive soon. Citizens Advice are often very helpful, maybe when they ring they can help understand what's going on :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • zane
    Options
    Hi @zane Sorry to read that you're feeling stuck. Did ESA give you a date that you need to have sent your bank statements by? I hope they arrive soon. Citizens Advice are often very helpful, maybe when they ring they can help understand what's going on :)
    No  date I rang them today and on the answer mechine before I check my next payment and my money been bit low than it is  so took some off. I try call them about bank statements but wait 1 hour and I try again Thursday I try un stand Citizens ring tomorrow.  I did right think report saveings and know depress over it since I try not get suspended from my benefit .
  • zane
    Options
    woodbine said:
    Bank statement can be ordered easily over the phone and only usually take 2 or 3 days to arrive.
    I ordered over the phone it’s the waiting my partner still wait statements. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @zane the wait can be the most awful part of it all. I'm so sorry. I know it's easier said than done to say try not to think about it but join in here if it helps. We have the Coffee Lounge and our new Games Lounge
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • zane
    Options
    @zane the wait can be the most awful part of it all. I'm so sorry. I know it's easier said than done to say try not to think about it but join in here if it helps. We have the Coffee Lounge and our new Games Lounge
    Update Citizens adivice is a joke failed system who needs help they rang me tomorrow twice but I say hello did not answers I rang them back waiting 2 hours and they said busy. I rang my bank to check statements coming they printed wrong ones so I order when my money went in know I got ring my support help get bank statements since I have learning disability and mentel health. Me and my partner going end up dead  if stop my benefit 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry that you had to wait for so long. I am so frustrated for you. Can I ask, do you have internet banking? I wonder if you or your partner could print the statements yourself? Just so you don't have to rely on the bank not messing up again. 

They won't just stop your benefit. They have asked for the bank statements and unfortunately it will be a wait whilst they look through them, but your claim will continue as they look. 
    Hannah - She / Her

• zane
    Options
    I'm sorry that you had to wait for so long. I am so frustrated for you. Can I ask, do you have internet banking? I wonder if you or your partner could print the statements yourself? Just so you don't have to rely on the bank not messing up again. 

They won't just stop your benefit. They have asked for the bank statements and unfortunately it will be a wait whilst they look through them, but your claim will continue as they look. 
    Don’t have a printer or pc because of our disability don’t know how on internet banking my partner can’t walk well she don’t have long time care at moment and I don’t know use machine bank I’m stuck because dwp esa wants both bank statements . I have to dwp tomorrow or Friday give them an update 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hiya @zane I was just checking in to see how you were getting on? Did you manage to speak to the DWP? 
    Albus (he/him)

Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • zane
    Options
    Hiya @zane I was just checking in to see how you were getting on? Did you manage to speak to the DWP? 
    My support worker did I got my support worker report saveings to cancuil so report saveings Friday with bank statements I don’t know what to do if my benefits get stop because me and my partner can’t work  I might well die 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Options
    Hopefully your benefits won't be stopped @zane, it seems like they're just doing some checks. Sorry if I've misunderstood you, have you managed to send all the bank statements to the DWP now? 
    Rosie (she/her)

• zane
    Options
    No me and support worker going local centre send me and my partner bank statements he give statements my cancuil . Me and my partner can’t work because of our disability if my esa get stop my pip and my partner pip will get stopped. My partner home bound at the moment because of a disability and I’m getting support hopefully care  since I can’t work either. What hell I’m supposed to do . I’m doing right thing but we are going get screwed for this .  Should never get back pay from dwp now I’m going go outside to think what do 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If the worst happened (very unlikely) and your ESA stopped this will not affect your PIP. They are 2 completely different benefits and PIP isn't means tested like your ESA is. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Options
    Hi @zane, sorry you're feeling so stressed out by this, it sounds really difficult. PIP isn't affected by how much you've got in savings, so that shouldn't be stopped even if they're doing bank checks. Was it some DWP back pay that took you over the £6000 savings limit?
    Rosie (she/her)

• zane
    Options
    Hi @zane, sorry you're feeling so stressed out by this, it sounds really difficult. PIP isn't affected by how much you've got in savings, so that shouldn't be stopped even if they're doing bank checks. Was it some DWP back pay that took you over the £6000 savings limit?
    Yes it has I don’t want lose my esa. Claim 
  • zane
    Options
    If the worst happened (very unlikely) and your ESA stopped this will not affect your PIP. They are 2 completely different benefits and PIP isn't means tested like your ESA is. 
    I need my esa so you know my esa benefit will be stopped so when my savings gone I’m going have roof over my head 
  • zane
    Options
    I heard just now on internet that esa can’t stop my benfift if you have less than 16,000 saveings if you have 16,000 saveings benfift be stop well me and my partner don’t have 16,000 in bank so this true
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    zane said:
    I heard just now on internet that esa can’t stop my benfift if you have less than 16,000 saveings if you have 16,000 saveings benfift be stop well me and my partner don’t have 16,000 in bank so this true
    I did advise you that your ESA will not stop because you did say in a previous thread that you don't have more than £16,000. 

I also advised you that the backdated money that you and your partner received isn't counted towards your savings for 1 year after you received it but you still rang ESA. All this worry and anxiety could have been avoided. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Options
    Hi @zane, They won't stop your benefits if you've got less than £16000 in savings. Usually, if you have over £6000 it just means they'll take a certain amount off your benefits each month depending on how much money you've saved, they won't stop it completely. 

Did you get your DWP backpay quite recently? Was your backpay from your PIP claim?
    Rosie (she/her)

• zane
    Options
    Hi @zane, They won't stop your benefits if you've got less than £16000 in savings. Usually, if you have over £6000 it just means they'll take a certain amount off your benefits each month depending on how much money you've saved, they won't stop it completely. 

Did you get your DWP backpay quite recently? Was your backpay from your PIP claim?
    Bank statements put in job enter justly need do waiting game 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.