Hi, my name is Brian5450! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Brian5450!

Options
Brian5450
Brian5450 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have a brother that i have been trying to help he has,severe depression, sleep disorder, he has had a heart attack, Bypass surgery and possibly has ptsd.
Every agency refuses to help as he won't engage himself.

I also have a son who went through school being 'treated as' SEN but they refused to test him.I finally snapped and insisted on testing after he left school and got a diagnosis of dyspraxia / dyslexia.
He is learning to drive and just been discrimated against by Go Skippy refusing to add him to my policy as he has held a provisional licence for more than 2 years.
I'm fighting them on grounds they failed to apply reasonable adjustment for his disability.

Personally I have had my own heart attack and Bypass surgery, I took voluntary redundancy after it, but now 7 years later I'm getting leg pain, and despite private physio it's no better I have confirmed calcification of arteries, i think it is PAD so waiting for a musculoskeletal assessment and hopefully I can get PIP, because I took voluntary redundancy/ VER I only have my early pension so I'm going through my savings at £1000 a month.
Phew ....a lot going on ! 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.