Asking for your experience with appealing DWP decision after Health Assesement — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Asking for your experience with appealing DWP decision after Health Assesement

Options
Superbetty
Superbetty Community member Posts: 448 Pioneering
Hi, I have tried to go through forum, but found quite old posts only, so thought I will ask.I have just sent appeal to Tribunal after DWP decison about not awarding me LCWRA. I just want to ask about people's experience, how long you had to waitto go for court hearing, is someone from DWP there? I will be at the hearing. And obviously, how was the hearing? Just curious in general about your experience, thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,081 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @Superbetty, how're you today?

I've not dealt with a LCWRA tribunal, but I have had PIP tribunals and they'll be roughly the same.  It's rare for someone from the DWP to turn up, as there's so many tribunals happening now. But the tribunal itself was pretty relaxed and the people were very supportive and lovely. It was a world apart from the original assessments!
     Wait times can vary depending on where you are in the country, but I've heard of waits of up to 10 months previously, I'm unsure what your wait time would be unfortunately. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Superbetty
    Superbetty Community member Posts: 448 Pioneering
    Options
    Heya @Superbetty, how're you today?

I've not dealt with a LCWRA tribunal, but I have had PIP tribunals and they'll be roughly the same.  It's rare for someone from the DWP to turn up, as there's so many tribunals happening now. But the tribunal itself was pretty relaxed and the people were very supportive and lovely. It was a world apart from the original assessments!
     Wait times can vary depending on where you are in the country, but I've heard of waits of up to 10 months previously, I'm unsure what your wait time would be unfortunately. 
    Hi, thank you so much for the reply, I do appreciate this:-) I am fine, thank you for asking, hopefully you have a good day, too:-) It is good to hear about positive experience. I am surprised about 10 months wait, but obviously you never know:-) I agreed to telephone or video appointment with Tribunal, so I am hoping it could be sooner than later. I am patient and can wait, as I am not hoping for much. Thank you again for your reply:-)
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,081 Scope online community team
    Options
    No problem at all @Superbetty, we're all here to share our experiences. And I'm doing great thank you, I'm very happy the sun is showing its face. :)

I really hope the wait isn't too long for you, but we're all here to help take your mind off things if you need us. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • lanielemon1987
    lanielemon1987 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Options
    Hello, just came across this post . 
    I had my appeal this week after waiting around 6 months for the appointment. My appointment was 4pm so I was lucky it wasn't to much of a wait, I actually went in early and was back out around 15mins later whilst they made their decision (that may not be the case for everyone). 

I was absolutely dreading my appointment and did struggle through it but they were lovely and really accommodating. I could take a break if needed I just needed to let them know. 
    I had a judge and a doctor in mine, no DWP in mine. I was only asked a few questions but I guess that will vary with people. The judge did want to ask a few more questions but could tell I was upset and distressed so both agreed they had enough information to finish. 

Overall, besides the wait, it was a hard but positive experience. 

Fingers crossed you don't have much of a long wait 😊

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.