Discussion, about mobility issues and questions — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Discussion, about mobility issues and questions

Options
Chriizz
Chriizz Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Good morning, all,

My name is Chris. I am a student design engineer from Wales, and I am interested in inclusive design engineering. The reason for my post is to understand what issues you may face with mobility issues.

I am not hear to judge but simply learn, to get a broader understanding of how specific elements of life can cause grief.

I am extremely interested in mobility issues, due to the fact that the only options are there are wheel chars, walkers or canes. However, in most cases, these applications are ok in some sense; they’re not ideal for all. Particularly when it comes to wheelchairs that are electric due to the financial costs involved.

·       So, my question is, what are the biggest challenges you face with mobility issues?

·       Do you use a wheelchair and if so, what are your biggest challenges?

·       Do you use a cane or walker, if so what are the biggest challenges you face?

·       Are finances a big block in terms of getting the help you require?

My apologies for this post if it offends anyone in any way, but I feel I can use my design engineering background to help shape a more inclusive future.

Any information shared, is not used in a malicious way, but more to give myself a broader understanding of the issues that are currently out there.

I really appriciate your time!

Thanks,
Chris

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.