High Myopic macular degeneration, CVN, Macular Hole — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

High Myopic macular degeneration, CVN, Macular Hole

Options
Zimba
Zimba Community member Posts: 1,873 Pioneering
Progressive myopia, CVN, macular hole, bleeds at the back of the eye started at age 20 so some years ago, 1st bleed the vision in one eye was lost with in a flash, I was taken to A&E within 30mins and seen 8 hours later and sent home didn’t really explain in detail at the time but was told there was nothing they could do and a referral came 4 weeks later for the MRI Eye Hospital by which time it was to late the damage was permanent. What I know now is that time is of the essence to save any remaining sight with injections into the eye which dries up the bleed plus there are other treatments  available now. I don’t have injections very month  like macular degeneration patients,  I only have them if a bleed occurs, normally a course of three injections over 3 months. I’m still annoyed to this day that it took so long to get treatment, there is no clinic for my condition I have to attend the macular degeneration clinic where I’m always the youngest in the room and could never place myself. If I’d of been informed from the very beginning I would’ve of paid privately to see a consultant. Hope this post helps others. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.