Working and LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Working and LCWRA

Options
Rowan203
Rowan203 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me. I am currently working 14 hours a week but I think I may fit criteria for the LCWRA on UC. I claimed this while in university but stopped when I took my job but now realising I don't think I had too.

My question is, can I apply for UC and go through the process of applying for LCWRA, even while already working? Or will my claim automatically be disregarded before I get to that point. I earn around £250 a week spread over the 12 months as I am school term time only.

Thank you,

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,146 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When did your UC claim end? Are you currently claiming a disability benefit such as PIP/ADP or DLA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rowan203
    Options
    When did your UC claim end? Are you currently claiming a disability benefit such as PIP/ADP or DLA?
    It ended at the end of 2021 so a while ago now. Yes I get enhanced PIP on both mobility and care 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks. Then you will need to go through another work capability assessment so would need to report your health condition and provide a fit note.

Whether there’s any entitlement to UC will depend on your circumstances. You can use a benefits calculator to check entitlement. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Rowan203
    Options
    Thanks. Then you will need to go through another work capability assessment so would need to report your health condition and provide a fit note.

Whether there’s any entitlement to UC will depend on your circumstances. You can use a benefits calculator to check entitlement. 
    Thanks. When I do the benefits calculator it says I’m only entitled to any money if I meet LCWRA criteria. Am I going to be able to have an open claim for the 14 week assessment period if they are not paying me any money? 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Rowan203

I see you are getting some great advice from Poppy. Just wanted to comment and welcome you to the community :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I thought they may not be any entitlement while you wait for the WCA. Yes, your claim will remain open while you wait. 

You need to make sure you provide a fit note within 7 days of reporting your health conditions and continue to provide them without any gaps until a decision is made. 
  • Rowan203
    Options
    Hello @Rowan203

I see you are getting some great advice from Poppy. Just wanted to comment and welcome you to the community :) 
    Thank you Hannah!
  • Rowan203
    Options
    I thought they may not be any entitlement while you wait for the WCA. Yes, your claim will remain open while you wait. 

You need to make sure you provide a fit note within 7 days of reporting your health conditions and continue to provide them without any gaps until a decision is made. 
    Fantastic thank you. I may as well try then as the extra income would be a huge help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.