Working and LCWRA

Options
Rowan203
Rowan203 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me. I am currently working 14 hours a week but I think I may fit criteria for the LCWRA on UC. I claimed this while in university but stopped when I took my job but now realising I don't think I had too.

My question is, can I apply for UC and go through the process of applying for LCWRA, even while already working? Or will my claim automatically be disregarded before I get to that point. I earn around £250 a week spread over the 12 months as I am school term time only.

Thank you,

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,369 Championing
    Options
    When did your UC claim end? Are you currently claiming a disability benefit such as PIP/ADP or DLA?
  • Rowan203
    Options
    When did your UC claim end? Are you currently claiming a disability benefit such as PIP/ADP or DLA?
    It ended at the end of 2021 so a while ago now. Yes I get enhanced PIP on both mobility and care 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks. Then you will need to go through another work capability assessment so would need to report your health condition and provide a fit note.

Whether there’s any entitlement to UC will depend on your circumstances. You can use a benefits calculator to check entitlement. 
  • Rowan203
    Options
    Thanks. Then you will need to go through another work capability assessment so would need to report your health condition and provide a fit note.

Whether there’s any entitlement to UC will depend on your circumstances. You can use a benefits calculator to check entitlement. 
    Thanks. When I do the benefits calculator it says I’m only entitled to any money if I meet LCWRA criteria. Am I going to be able to have an open claim for the 14 week assessment period if they are not paying me any money? 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,908 Championing
    Options
    Hello @Rowan203

I see you are getting some great advice from Poppy. Just wanted to comment and welcome you to the community :) 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I thought they may not be any entitlement while you wait for the WCA. Yes, your claim will remain open while you wait. 

You need to make sure you provide a fit note within 7 days of reporting your health conditions and continue to provide them without any gaps until a decision is made. 
  • Rowan203
    Options
    Hello @Rowan203

I see you are getting some great advice from Poppy. Just wanted to comment and welcome you to the community :) 
    Thank you Hannah!
  • Rowan203
    Options
    I thought they may not be any entitlement while you wait for the WCA. Yes, your claim will remain open while you wait. 

You need to make sure you provide a fit note within 7 days of reporting your health conditions and continue to provide them without any gaps until a decision is made. 
    Fantastic thank you. I may as well try then as the extra income would be a huge help.