LCWRA (again sorry) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA (again sorry)

Options
JessieH
JessieH Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi, LCWRA was awarded 16 days ago, sick notes from 1st September 2023 and paid on the 6th. 
Does anyone have any idea when the payments for LCWRA will start on be shown on the statements. I've posted twice on the journal but had no reply. 

Many thanks in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,552 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There’s a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month after you reported your first fit note. First payment is then at the end of that month.

Based on the information you gave your waiting period will be Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec, Dec/Jan… LCWRA starts from 30th Jan to 29th Feb and first payment will be 6th March. 

This is assuming you’re not claiming UC with a partner that already receives this element on your claim. And/or there were no gaps in your fit notes until a decision was made on your WCA. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JessieH
    Options
    Thank you for your fast reply again. 
    Does September not count as an assessment period? 
    The first payment wasn't made on the 6th of March and that's what's made me a bit confused. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    September doesn’t count because you provided that fit note after the start of that assessment period. It has to be 3 full assessment periods. 

Put a message onto your journal under the payment section and ask about the LCWRA for March payment.

Were there any gaps in your fit notes? And are you sure that 1st September was the actual date you provided your first fit note? You can check back at the dates on your journal. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • JessieH
    Options
    I've just had a look, no gaps but the first fit note is dated from the 8th of September! 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    JessieH said:
    I've just had a look, no gaps but the first fit note is dated from the 8th of September! 
    It’s not the date on the fit note that counts, it’s the date you provided that fit note. Please double check. 

If that date was later than the fit note then this could be why they are saying it doesn’t start until a later date. 
  • JessieH
    Options
    Ah ok, thats interesting to know. The fit note date on the journal that was added by an agent is the 18th of September. So does that mean the LCWRA payments won't actually start until March/April? 
    This is all so confusing, I had it in my head that it would be from December, so just need to adjust my head round it 😅 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That doesn't change when the waiting period is from and my advice here remains the same. 

Based on the information you gave your waiting period will be Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec, Dec/Jan… LCWRA starts from 30th Jan to 29th Feb and first payment will be 6th March. 

Put a message on your journal under the payment section and ask them about the LCWRA element which should have been in your most recent statement. They owe you for this month now. 
  • JessieH
    Options
    OK, thank you so much for your advice and time! It's really appreciated. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.