Lost cause — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost cause

Options
lonergirlx3
lonergirlx3 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi, I'm really struggling with my anxiety, depression and loneliness. I decided to text SHOUT but it feels like I'm talking to an automated service not an actual human being. They also said I can only send messages with 160 characters at a time but I do not have a character count on my messages so I'm sending paragraphs I don't even know if there getting. I was getting desperate having s******* thoughts, it's taken me a lot of courage to even text these people, I fear judgement but it feels like I'm talking to a robot.  I don't know what to do at this point. My local mental health team are sh*t

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @lonergirlx3

I am going to pop an email over to you <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • zaddy123
    zaddy123 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Options
    Hey if you need to talk msg
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You’re not a lost cause @lonergirlx3!!! I don’t believe anyone is ❤️ that sucks about the shout service, have you thought about calling Samaritans?? 

We won’t judge you if you want to talk to us xxx 
  • lonergirlx3
    lonergirlx3 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi all thanks for the responses. I did get your email Hannah and I wanted to respond but now I can find it and I've checked all my folders :/ the first time I went to my local mental health team was not a very good experience. If u just Google them they have a 2 star rating and tons of bad reviews I'm surprised their still allowed to run. 
    I decided to call Samaritans after waiting the line for almost 20 minutes. The conversation was mainly me taking to myself and repeating things to the listener, I had to keep asking if they were there because it was  literal silence, just some 'mhms' every few minutes.  They told me to read a book and watch something I enjoy to take my mind of it. I should've just looked at the reviews before calling and it would've saved me time and more upset. Go look at the trustpilot reviews if u don't believe me. 
    I don't even wanna think about the lives lost for people hoping they could help.
    So now here I am not knowing what to do next 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @lonergirlx3 is you wanted to get back in touch with Hannah, our email is community@scope.org.uk :)

I'm so sorry to hear you had bad experiences with the local mental health team and Samaritans. I've found who you speak to can make all the difference, so it may be worth calling back on another day and hope you get someone else who's a bit more understanding and doesn't just ask if you've tried yoga.
     Have you tried any other lines? I'm just trying to think of any you may not have tried.  
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.