Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Mamma Mia, it's-a Mother's Day!

Options
Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,386 Scope online community team
And for those of you not celebrating, did you know it's also Mario day?

Here are some fun facts to power-up your Mother's Day:
  • Mario, a beloved red-hatted plumber, first appeared in 1981 in a game called Donkey Kong made by Nintendo. 
  • Did you know at least one Super Mario game has been released for every major Nintendo video game console?
So enjoy Mario day, happy gaming and to any mothers reading: You're a Super Star!

A image depicting a glowing super star from the super mario franchise and cartoon drawings of Super Mario and Luigi presenting an older woman with a bunch of flowers with text reading Happy Mothers Day
Credit to: TalkStarWarsToMe and Dominickdr98 for the images.
Community Manager
Scope

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,949 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I love Mario!! I've played it so much I know many levels (especially in the earlier worlds) off by heart. A number of years back I purchased an old SNES to play the old ones for nostalgia purposes!! 
    I've said elsewhere I find Mother's Day a difficult one so I'm very happy to read this and will be celebrating Mar10 day instead!!! :D<3 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,386 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'll have to come to you for tips and tricks next time my kids ask me to help with a level then @Biblioklept! I wish I could say I was any good at the SNES classics, but I just have to admit at this stage that I'm not very good at Mario. The Mario Party and Mario Kart games have always been more my speed than the platformers!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,639 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I love Mario carts it's addictive 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,559 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm old enough to remember when the NES first came out. I was addicted to Mario and Duck hunt. :) 

I've not played any of the recent Mario games though.  
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.