Getting upgraded to enhance mobility — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting upgraded to enhance mobility

dotty29 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, Has anyone been awarded enhanced from standard for moderate spinal stenosis with established cervical myelopathy ? 


  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,214 Scope online community team
    Hi @dotty29 and welcome to the community. I hope you're doing ok today?

    I'm afraid I can't answer the question, but hopefully some regulars will share some of their wisdom with you soon. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
  • dotty29
    dotty29 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,271 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn't award based on a diagnosis and because of this reason it will be impossible to compare someone else to yourself because we are all affected differently by these conditions. 

    Whether it's possible to score more points needed for a higher award will depend on how far you're able to walk. For moving around part descriptor E (12 points) it's between 1 and 20 metres, aided or unaided. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.