Hi, I'm mizmoz! Has anyone won their pip tribunal only to have DWP request a statement of reason? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm mizmoz! Has anyone won their pip tribunal only to have DWP request a statement of reason?

Options
mizmoz
mizmoz Community member Posts: 21 Connected
edited March 14 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good Morning 
I wondered if any one has won there pip tribunal only to have dwp request a statement of reason .I can't find much out about this .How often does this happen? What is the process now ? How many go to the upper tier tribunal. 
Its all very upsetting and I M so confused by it all .Worst thing is just not even knowing this could happen .
Thank you everyone 💓 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,375 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Has this happened to you? The reason you can’t find much about this is because it’s rare they request them. It’s even more rare for them to appeal the decision. They can’t appeal it without first finding the error in law. 

They have as much chance as we do to appeal the decision. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mizmoz
    Options
    Hi yes they have .
    Won my tribunal on Tuesday to enhanced to be told yesterday dwp have done a sor .I just can't find anything out about it .Time scaled anything .I didn't even know this was a possibility. 
    I am gutted and not sure if I can and should do anything .
    Thank you for your reply 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That’s extremely quick for them to decide to request that. There’s no timescales how long it will take a judge to write that as it’s done in their own spare time. 

It’s always been possible for anyone including DWP to request the SOR and ROP. 

Was it someone from the PIP call centre that told you they requested them? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @mizmoz

Welcome to the community! 

I'm so sorry this has upset you and do hope it is sorted soon. I just wanted to let you know, I popped your post into our PIP, DLA and AA section of the forum in case you have any other questions or queries :) Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need support <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • mizmoz
    Options
    Thank you 😊 
    Spoke to pip today .The reason is that my son helps me with  budgeting ect has my permission to speak to anyone and deal with anything .
    Now apparently because I applied for a loan and Son dord not have power of attorney I shouldn't of been award those 2 points .The judges didn't give those points that was given by my mandatory reconsideration. So this is the reason. Apparently dwp put it straight in on the day I won the tribunal  xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Very strange because PIP is about the majority of the time so doing something once doesn't indicate you're able to complete that activity the majority the time. 

Please remember that although they have requested the SOR and ROP this doesn't mean they will appeal the decision. 
  • mizmoz
    Options
    Hi 
    Thank you very much they read out why dwp had asked .He also stated that the judge kept telling him his questions weren't relevant My tribunal members were so lovely so understanding I had 3 panel members and the dwp representative who was remote .Will keep you posted on what happens next .xx
  • mizmoz
    Options
    Morning update .Yesterday I received my SOR .
    So now I have to wait 28 days to see if it goes to upper tribunal. I am not sure if I should be doing anything now I have it or do you just wait for dwp to make there next move xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    At the moment you don’t need to do anything. 
  • mizmoz
    Options
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'll be keeping everything crossed for you @mizmoz the waiting is the worst bit!
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • mizmoz
    Options
    Thank you just waiting for dwp now to make a descion if they are going to appeal or not .I have read tribunal report and they seem to have awarded it correctly. So will just have to play the waiting game now xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It will be extremely difficult to find that error in law if you don't know what you're looking for. Though, it's very rare for DWP to appeal a decision. 
  • mizmoz
    Options
    Hi everyone a quick update. My pip new award is now in place to start in May so dwp have received the sor and not taken it to the upper tier  .So now apparently any arrears won by tribunal automatically go to debt management. They have 14 days then you can be paid anything outstanding .So nearly there xxx
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Ah excellent @mizmoz that's good news. Nearly at the end of the race! 
    Albus (he/him)

Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • mizmoz
    Options
    I know 2 years fighting on May 12th xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.