If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Migrating from UC Health Conditions

Options

Comments

• yellowamber
    yellowamber Community member Posts: 33 Listener
    Options
    How often do they review?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How often do they review?
    It varies a lot from person to person. At the moment they are suspended for the majority of people with LCWRA. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • yellowamber
    Options
    My wife did pip assessment last friday its been over 48 hours, who can we request the report from?

Is there a special phone number for this?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You need to ring the PIP helpline on the usual number to request that.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433 
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

Please also be aware that the report is not the decision, it's a recommendation only. Whilst they usually go with it, it has been known for them to go against it. Once the report is returned a decision can take up to 12 weeks. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • yellowamber
    Options
    Thank you very much for your help.
  • yellowamber
    Options
    You need to ring the PIP helpline on the usual number to request that.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433 
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

Please also be aware that the report is not the decision, it's a recommendation only. Whilst they usually go with it, it has been known for them to go against it. Once the report is returned a decision can take up to 12 weeks. 

Well phoned dwp and they still havent got the report back from assessors. I thought it was 48 hours?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sometimes it’s sent the same day, sometimes the following day, other times longer. If it’s chosen for audit then yes it will be longer. 

An audit means they are checking the assessor did their job correctly, they are not checking you or your partner. 
  • yellowamber
    Options
    We got nothing to hide just curious that it hasnt been done yet.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I didn’t think you had something to hide. If it is in audit it just delays the decision making process. 
  • yellowamber
    Options
    The lady at dwp said usually you get a txt when the report is sent. Wait for the txt.
  • yellowamber
    Options
    Well phoned the assessment company today and they said the case is going through internal audit and they dont have an timescale of when that will be completed.

They may contact us for more information.

We applied in january and thats a long time, they shouldnt be allowed to take 2 weeks to audit..
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Audits take as long as they take and they will not be able to give you a timescale for that. Unfortunately they do happen. 

I’ve personally known an audit last for 6 weeks and that was a few years ago. 

All you can do now is wait. Your claim starting in January really isn’t that long ago. Some are waiting a lot longer. 
  • yellowamber
    Options
    How come they take so long? Its unfair...
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They don’t all take that long. It’s just the way audits work as reports are chosen at random. 
  • yellowamber
    Options
    Well phoned them again today, they said going through some internal process and ask if it audit she said couldnt say but can take upto 6 weeks.

Can we contact dwp to hurry them up, this is unfair, after 2 hours assessment they still havent provided report to dwp nearly been 3 weeks..
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The internal process would be an audit and DWP will not be able to hurry that process because no one can do that. The audit takes as long as it takes. Having been through that myself I know it’s frustrating but there’s nothing you can do. 
  • yellowamber
    Options
    What if it takes longer than 6 weeks? What can we do?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What if it takes longer than 6 weeks? What can we do?
    You can't do anything because it takes as long as it takes. Once the audit it completed the report will be returned. A decision can't be made without the report. 
  • yellowamber
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's the way it is, sometimes reports are chosen for audit and there's nothing anyone can do. They have to check sometimes that the assessor is doing their job correctly. 

If your partner is eventually found to have LCWRA there's a full 3 month waiting period before the extra money is paid anyway. If the first fit note was given in January when you first claimed this would mean the first payment isn't paid until either May or June anyway. 

Up to now the whole process for you has been quite quick because so many people wait much longer. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.