PIP Review - Can I really not get back pay?? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Review - Can I really not get back pay??

Options
AnxiousandAutistic
AnxiousandAutistic Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have just received my PIP review decision and I have gone from getting the standard daily living to enhanced daily living and standard mobility.

There is no mention of backdating my payment (they received my PIP review form in March 2023) and from what I’ve read on here and through a quick Google it looks like I won’t be getting any. Is this really right??

There has actually been no change in my circumstances since my last award but after speaking to Welfare Rights (they helped me to complete the review form) they stated that PIP previously made the wrong decision/didn’t consider all of the information and that I should have more points in some of the descriptors and some points in a couple that I was not previously awarded but now have been.

Is there any chance that I can get back pay for this? I am obviously happy that I have now been awarded what I am entitled but it would obviously help massively to have the money that I have missed out on due to the long wait to have this corrected.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,965 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Usually when it’s a review started by DWP there’s no money owed if your new award is higher.

How ever, due to the length of time decisions are taking for reviews decision makers are using their own discretion on whether to award from an earlier date. Some do and others don’t. There doesn’t seem to be any logic of who receives it and who doesn’t. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @AnxiousandAutistic

I see Poppy has answered your query. I just wanted to comment and say welcome to the community! :) Hope you are keeping well? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.