Hi, my name is parker! Urgent housing situation — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is parker! Urgent housing situation

Options
parker
parker Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi 

My situation is urgent. I would appreciate any advice .

I am serverely disabled  , having a long list  of significant and chronic medical conditions  , and a autistic and ADHD person. 

I've been fighting my housing association to fix outstanding disrepairs for morethan five years . 

The main disrepair has caused damp and mould in my bedroom  , livingroom and kitcken  . My landlord failed to acted  . I have voice recordings  , texts and video evidence to prove neglect and incompetence from my landlord, including a voice recordings of the highest manager stating he would fabricate a narrative to the court that I had denied then access . I said no judge would believe him . He agreed . But months later he did just that .

After the first date I was a victim of a serious assault , so I confused the next court date . In my absence the injunction was granted  , but I've never been given any paperwork to state that .

Since October my landlord have harassed,  intimidated and threatened me . Knowing I am vunerable and under NHS mental health , and I am in crisis .
I worked to have a different person to oversee the work etc , in November.  He was forced to stop actually implementing any work to happen and he avoided me.

My mother died about three weeks later and again they harassed me and threatened court action . 

I asked someone within my housing association to liason for me , which they said they would.  But three weeks on and no communication. 

I have autoimmune medical conditions as a direct result of the effects of the mould.  I have been seriously ill , in any out of hospital.  

I have asked Shelter who failed to uphold their offer of legal representation.  I have been relentless contacting legal aid solicitors since the summer 2022 , but no one has capacity to help me .

I have contacted my MP and councillors but they have not replied . 

I have tried charities,  but unfortunately they can't help .

Today I received from my landlord eviction letter to leave my home 27th March from my housing association solicitors. 

I have tried again to get legal representation all morning , but again no availability. 

I need advice how to start legal action against my housing association on the grounds of malicious and fraudulent Court action, which has caused significant longterm harm to me . How to get legal advice and / or representation to fight the unjust injunction and now urgent eviction ? Also I want to know how I can start legal action against the landlord due to discrimination on my gender , sexuality  and disabilities  ?

I am literally just about surviving each day due to the serverity of my medical conditions  and disabilities  . My neurodivergency incapacity is overwhelming in it self , to the point I am in a neverending cycle of burnout . 
I have complete physical and mental fatigue from ME and long covid . I am in unmanageable pain from many of my conditions,  especially Rheumatoid Arthritis.  I have so many medical conditions which have utterly distroyed my life , due to the exposure of mould toxins .

I have no family or friends, and I am isolated which impacts on my ability to cope with all this . My housing association know this and have used this as a means to subject me further harm . As they know I have no one to speak up for me .

Comments

• parker
    Options
    Forgot to mention I have been a victim of two serious assualts July and October 2023 ladt year , which has caused debilitating trauma.  Which my housing association has ignored to take into consideration when any forms of communication with me . 
    As I said earlier, they turned up five days after my mother died , even after I'd asked them not to.
    I have so evidence to show their disregard for my wellbeing  , their dismissal of neurodivergent  [ to the point of writing in one letter they didn't believe I was neurodivergent  ] , profound ignorance of my autoimmune conditions [ and their failure which caused those ] exsiting medical conditions and the huge and unwarranted burden of fighting them for my rights , and their vile court action . 
    It has robbed me of three years of my life .
    I have limb deformations.  
    I limited yo have a social life .
    My finances are taken up with my care and managing the affects of desrepairs  : air purifiers  , dehumidifier  , filters , energy costs  , replacing bed , bedding , clothes , changing bedrooms and so much more .
    My life is so small , all my energy and time is taken up with battling my housing association  , managing my medical conditions eg , hospital appointments . 
    They have decimated my whole life . And they are maliciously using their financial power to control me and to minimise their responsibility how they failed in their legal duty .

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @parker

I'm going to pop an email over to you <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • parker
    Options
    Hello Hannah 

I haven't received an email from you .
  • MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 496 Pioneering
    edited March 16
    Options
    @parker

Hello Parker, I am so sorry to hear about the incredibly difficult situation you are facing with your housing and the lack of support you've been receiving. It's clear that you are dealing with a great deal of hardship and adversity, and I can only imagine how overwhelming and distressing this must be.

While you've mentioned you've been trying to contact legal aid solicitors, keep persisting. Legal aid may be available for cases involving housing disrepair and discrimination. Have you contacted  We are Advocate? This is a charity that helps connect members of the public who need free legal assistance with barristers who are willing to provide pro bono (free) legal advice and representation. You can apply for assistance by going to their website and clicking the links to apply for help. https://weareadvocate.org.uk/

In the UK, tenants have various legal protections and rights when it comes to the condition of their rented property and how they are treated by their landlord. This includes: The right to live in a property that is in a reasonable state of repair, free from serious hazards. 

Landlords have a legal duty to maintain the property. Protection against harassment and illegal eviction by the landlord. The right to be free from discrimination by the landlord on the basis of protected characteristics like disability. If a landlord fails to uphold their legal obligations, the tenant has the right to formally complain and seek redress.

Additionally, file a formal, detailed written complaint with your housing association outlining all the issues, including the disrepairs, harassment, and discriminatory actions. Keep copies of this complaint as evidence. If they fail to respond escalate the complaint to relevant regulatory bodies, such as the Equality and Human Rights Commission, to adequately address your concerns. Click guidance for individuals   https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/

I know this is an incredibly difficult and stressful situation, but please don't give up. Keep fighting, keep documenting everything, and keep reaching out for help. You deserve safe, suitable housing and the support you need to manage your health and wellbeing. I sincerely hope you are able to find the assistance and resolution you need.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    parker said:
    Hello Hannah 

I haven't received an email from you .
    Hi @parker, I'm sorry to hear that. Hannah sent the email to the email address you use for your community account. I've re-sent it now but please let me know if you don't receive it again. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • parker
    Options
    MW123 said:
    @parker

Hello Parker, I am so sorry to hear about the incredibly difficult situation you are facing with your housing and the lack of support you've been receiving. It's clear that you are dealing with a great deal of hardship and adversity, and I can only imagine how overwhelming and distressing this must be.

While you've mentioned you've been trying to contact legal aid solicitors, keep persisting. Legal aid may be available for cases involving housing disrepair and discrimination. Have you contacted  We are Advocate? This is a charity that helps connect members of the public who need free legal assistance with barristers who are willing to provide pro bono (free) legal advice and representation. You can apply for assistance by going to their website and clicking the links to apply for help. https://weareadvocate.org.uk/

In the UK, tenants have various legal protections and rights when it comes to the condition of their rented property and how they are treated by their landlord. This includes: The right to live in a property that is in a reasonable state of repair, free from serious hazards. 

Landlords have a legal duty to maintain the property. Protection against harassment and illegal eviction by the landlord. The right to be free from discrimination by the landlord on the basis of protected characteristics like disability. If a landlord fails to uphold their legal obligations, the tenant has the right to formally complain and seek redress.

Additionally, file a formal, detailed written complaint with your housing association outlining all the issues, including the disrepairs, harassment, and discriminatory actions. Keep copies of this complaint as evidence. If they fail to respond escalate the complaint to relevant regulatory bodies, such as the Equality and Human Rights Commission, to adequately address your concerns. Click guidance for individuals   https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/

I know this is an incredibly difficult and stressful situation, but please don't give up. Keep fighting, keep documenting everything, and keep reaching out for help. You deserve safe, suitable housing and the support you need to manage your health and wellbeing. I sincerely hope you are able to find the assistance and resolution you need.

Thank you so much for your support , it truly means a great deal to me .
    I have exhausted phoning legal aid solicitors  , they all say they are and will be at full capacity for the foreseeable future .
    I have lodged many complaints directly to my landlord  . I even reported it to the housing Ombudsman twice . 
    I do believe my human rights are being violated , as I live in fear of the different tactics [ injunction  , eviction , harassment  , intimidation etc ] from my landlord. It is shockly braisen how they are threatening me .
    I feel utterly lost .
    I will try the links you're sent me .
    I have tried other avenues , charities , a disability law advice , they did not help but made me feel as if I was the issue [ he said he wasn't the person to help me so I asked him to ask someone within the organisation to email me instead ] He emailed me back stating ' You are slowing down the process ' I told him ' I asked for advice and you emailed me , knowing you wasn't the person best suited for my situation  , and I asked to be passed over to the person who could help me ' . He never replied back .
    Another law advice charity said they would right me a letter , but never did . I also asked for advice to have the injunction ' through out of court ' . They said ' Lets not go down that route ' . 
    If I hadn't experienced firsthand the chronological events I have I wouldn't believe someone if they recounted the amount of times organisations have failed me , the phenomenal injustices I have had  and the malicious and machiavellian behaviour from my housing association . 
    I'm living it and I don't believe it is happening , as it is beyond comprehension to me .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.