Pip Review and with new issues — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Review and with new issues

Options
JimJam1981
JimJam1981 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Evening All, I have recently submitted my PIP review (Due Aug 2024) and I have filled out based on condition deterioration causing reduced mobility, reducing my working days per week and the addition of hearing aids for both ears. In addition to this I have now had a diagnoses of CPTSD which obviously has an effect on my Day to Day issues., however when I put this in my original application it was dismissed and only my physical issues were taken in to account. 

My question is now I have 2 hearing aids and a diagnoses and under going treatment for the PTSD am I likely to be called in for a further assessment or will they now take this in to account rather than dismiss it as they did originally???

I appreciate its a "how long is a piece of string" Sinario

Any input appreciated 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Most if not all reviews have an assessment at the moment usually by phone but face to face possible now, in some areas reviews are taking upto 12 months from start to finish.
    Good luck.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.