Notification of award — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Notification of award

Shazza1
Shazza1 Community member Posts: 49 Connected
Can someone tell me how people get notified of their success or decline for LCWRA please. Someone I know got phoned on Monday following her assessment the previous week and was told she would get a decision by the end of the day or next day. She still hasn’t heard anything despite their promises. So she says she expects to recover a decline letter. Plus that be likely?

Comments

• Shazza1
    Sorry I meant receive a decline letter by post
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    When claiming UC if they have access to a journal the letter will be uploaded onto there. There’s no letters sent out by post if you have a journal. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Shazza1
    Thank you poppy I’ll let her know
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Shazza1

Just wanted to comment and say welcome to the community! :) are you well? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Shazza1
    Hi Hannah, a bit stressed tbh as have pip telephone assessment Monday but without a firm diagnosis I think I’m not going to get any help. Despite gp and neurologist being aware of my difficulties they never actually put those details in their reports etc. So I have no evidence of how it affects me other than my own account on the form and letters from my partner and daughter. I know they are not supposed to need a diagnosis but I’ve seen many accounts from people where they just throw it out 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 15
    I'm so sorry it has stressed you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you <3 Are you getting support from your GP and neurologist? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Shazza1
    Not really. Waited months for my neurology appointment which was yesterday. Id written all the symptoms down and she refused to look at it and so I forgot to tell her most of it and felt ignored and rushed. Can’t get a copy of her report till after my assessment as well so I guess that’s too late to send.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.