ESA IR as mixed age couple.....State Pension — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA IR as mixed age couple.....State Pension

Options
Moonlady
Moonlady Community member Posts: 43 Courageous
I sent in an ESA3 form mid Feb and I am still awaiting it to be processed. This is in regards of my partner stopping his IS and myself on CB ESA at present and to be assessed for an Income related Top up ESA.

I have chased it up and they have apparently escalated it as it is linked to my HB and my need to pay the rent. 

If this goes to plan and I end up IR ESA , when my partner gets his state pension which will be mid April will I have to do another ESA3 to say our income has changed again ?

Or would it be something else ?  Or do they know at that point. Just it has taken so long to do this ESA3 already.

Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    With a change of circumstances such as your partner reaching state pension age then usually they send you another ESA3 form. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Moonlady
    Moonlady Community member Posts: 43 Courageous
    Options
    With a change of circumstances such as your partner reaching state pension age then usually they send you another ESA3 form. 
    Many thanks for that poppy123456

I did not even get the first one they were meant to send out 4 weeks ago, luckily I had an older one lying about I used.

I'm hoping after the second ESA3 form, after he turns state pension age, this will be it for now unless we move or things change

I will be phoning this week the ESA  operator on the phone said give it a week, so I will ask for another esa3 form so I have one when the time comes

Thanks again

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.