Upper tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Upper tribunal

Agnia Community member Posts: 920 Connected
Hi i was awarded standard mobility at tribunal and is probably too late to go to upper tribunal to appeal this decision 
i don’t go outside at all and is absolutely not possible for me to go outside on my own or even with the support of other person 
i didn’t leave this room where i currently live for one year now 


  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    As I understand it you can only go to the upper tribunal on a legal point.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

  • Agnia
    Agnia Community member Posts: 920 Connected
    Thank you woodbine 
    Please could you explain what does that mean?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,275 Disability Gamechanger
    As you're unable to leave your home at all then standard mobility is the correct award for you. It sounds like you scored points for activity 1E which is "cannot undertake any journey due to overwhelming psychological distress." Is that correct?

    Those that satisfy 1E can't also satisfy 1F if they can't undertake a single journey on the majority of days due to overwhelming psychological distress.

    To answer your question about appealing a Tribunal decision. You can't just appeal a Tribunal decision because you disagree with it. You can only appeal if the Tribunal made an error in law. To find that error you must request the Statement of Reasons and Record of Proceedings within 1 month of the date of the decision. Once you receive those you need to find someone to take a look to see if they can find the error in law. 

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.