Been messaged about PIP but I've never claimed it — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Been messaged about PIP but I've never claimed it

Options
Burger
Burger Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 16 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi i have recieved a message stating that my PIP claim is under review. Can i say i am not in receipt of any PIP and have never claimed, i also got a message stating i would be in receipt of cost of living oayment which i have not recieved. Are you sure you have thevright person or is money meant for me going to some one else. Thank you i hope this can be resolved soonest. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,149 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You've posted on scope forum which has nothing to do with DWP so I can't tell you why you received those text messages. 

The PIP text message must have been sent in error if you're not actually claiming it and/or never claimed it. 

The cost of living payments have now ended and there's no further payments. The last payment was last month. Whether you were entitled to that would depend whether you claim any means tested benefits and which ones exactly. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.