Contacted MP re PIP issues...any experience? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Contacted MP re PIP issues...any experience?

Options
jj65
jj65 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
edited March 18 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone,
I wrote about my AWFUL experience with PIP a year ago now and wanted to ask if any of you have any experience of your local MP helping?

In short - ASC, ADHD, GAD, Crohn's and Fybromyalgia. I applied for PIP in 2021 (after my first app being declined in 2018 which I gave up on after it was declined at MR but I didn't have my official diagnoses then). I was again declined but followed through to tribunal which also declined me. My problem has been that I am unable to express my issues and the impact they have on my life well enough - or at least the PIP form doesn't allow that.

After the tribunal I wrote to the judge to explain my disappointment in her decision and to give her some detailed information on living with such conditions as they were clearly not taken seriously during the tribunal. This was taken as an appeal to the UT which I received a letter from another judge explaining this could not be done as it didn't meet the specific requirements to do so.

A few months later I picked up the fight again and contacted my local MP. Mainly to inform him of the issues I had faced. Unbeknown to me he contacted the DWP and they write back advising that if I had any further information and wanted to make a complaint it could be sent to their Complaint Resolution Team.

I have now sent ALL of the information to my MP who has passed it on to this department. I have no idea what, if any, result this may bring but I figured it was worth a try even if to make some noise about it.
Had anyone got any experience with this kind of thing?

Also I have recently made a new app for PIP (with some help) that I think might prove more positive for me but who knows?! 

I recently also had an MR with UC for LCWRA which actually did overturn the original decision of just LCW after 7 months of waiting.

The whole system is a sh*t show for ND people and/or carers IMO!
Tagged:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.