New medication pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New medication pip

Em1 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
Hello, I have been in receipt of pip now for 5 months standard rate. On my initial report I had told them about anxiety but was not receiving any medication or therapy for this as I was on a waiting list for therapy. Therefore they did not award any points regarding my anxiety as they said there were no therapies in place. 

I have recently been given medication now as it has got worse and I have finally got an appointment for therapy. My question is do I need to tell pip about this  as I told them about anxiety in my initial report or do I leave it. If I do, do you think it will have a positive impact on my award. I’m unsure on what I need to do regarding this new information. 

Thank you for your time ☺️


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,278 Disability Gamechanger
    No. A change of medication or starting medication for the first time is not a change of circumstances that needs to be reported.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Em1
    Em1 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Ok thank you for clarifying. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.