Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Recent PIP Assessment.

Options
rwall93
rwall93 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited March 20 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was just hoping for some advice on my recent experience with applying for PIP.
I have explained my diagnosis in detail and have sent plenty of evidence so I feel confident about the claim itself.
I had a telephone assessment on the 12/03 and it lasted 2 hours. 
I phoned PIP yesterday to ask if they had received my report yet but they said they haven’t.
i phoned the health assessment service to ask if they knew what was happening with my report.
They confirmed the report was completed on the 12th and that it was sent to the DWP on the 18/03.
i phoned DWP today and they have said they still haven’t received it and to just keep phoning  Is this normal?
how long should I expect to wait for a decision or for it to even get to the decision maker?
I have finally started getting ESA and I have just filled in my UC50 form to help with LCWRA but I’m really starting to struggle financially now.
i haven’t worked since Xmas. My partner cannot work already as she is a carer for not only myself but our autistic son.
we’ve asked local charities for help, the council and of course the DWP but whatever help we was offered was very small short term fixes and nothing that’s going to help us going forward.
im running out of ideas in what to do and I do not know how I can wait months ahead. I’m inpatient anyway. 
It’s more the worry of not being able to support my family going forward. I really need this money and no one seems to be wanting to help. 
I’ve always been working ever since I left school so this has already hit me hard anyway and it’s been a hard enough struggle trying to get used to the fact that I simply cannot just go out and get a job.
But at the same time I do not see how we can be expected to live off this amount for the next however many weeks/months when everyone’s situation is different. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,353 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Seems like someone isn't being honest, whether that's the PIP helpline or the health assessment providers. All you can do really is wait for a decision because knowing what's happened the report or whether it's been returned doesn't really help at this stage. 

Once the report is returned a decision can take anything up to about 12 weeks. It will be sent to a decision maker and added to the pile of many hundreds of others that are waiting for a decision. 

Once the decision is made you will be contacted. Yes, the waiting is stressful but everyone has to go through the same process. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.