Successful Award but confused! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Successful Award but confused!

julieajay
julieajay Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi all 

Just joined, I’ve found the PIP info &support really useful over the last few months 😃

I applied for pip for the first time in October 2023, I had my assessment February 26th 2024 (which took over 3 & 1/2 hours) and received a text on 14th March to say I have been awarded pip. 

I called & spoke to them and wondered if anyone could explain/advise as I’m really confused. 

Yesterday I received back pay of £290. Helpline told me it was backdated pay for 27th Feb for 2 weeks, I’ve seen a lot of people on the forum saying it’s backdated to when you first call, which for me would be October? Just confused as to why it’s for 2 weeks. 

For anyone going through the application/waiting, have to say I’ve found the process fine & assessor was very very kind & understanding 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,592 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 20
    you will get a letter in a few days explaining the award and the payment, although I would have thought it would be back-dated to October.
    Welcome to scope @julieajay
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• julieajay
    Ok thank you, hopefully the letter will make it clearer 🤞
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Usually it's paid from the date you rang to start your claim, providing you had the difficulties for at least 3 months at that time. 

If it was me I would ring to ask why you only received that amount, I wouldn't wait for the letter. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • julieajay
    Thank you & appreciate the reply, I’ll try calling again today. I’ve had the problems for over a year with medical evidence etc provided so I’m not sure, hopefully get a clearer answer today 🤞 Thanks
  • julieajay
    So I called them, he was really helpful and seemed quite confused too, he spoke to a case manager who said he assumes it’s been an error and they’ll speak to decision maker today, and any additional payments will be issued. 

Thanks for the help both 🙂
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    That's great news @julieajay, I hope they get it sorted out quickly for you. :) 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • julieajay
    Thanks Adrian 🙄
  • julieajay
    Meant to post a 🙂 Sorry not sure how to edit my comment 🙈
  • Adrian_Scope
    Haha, no problem @julieajay. I read it a couple of times and was trying to work out what I may have said wrong before I spotted your reply! 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • julieajay
    🤣 Ah really sorry felt awful and couldn’t figure out how to edit it 🤣🙈  
  • Adrian_Scope
    No need to feel bad, I've done it plenty of time too!
    Unfortunately you need to be a member for a little while before it'll allow you to edit your own posts. When it does, a little cog should appear in the top right corner of your post and will give you the option to edit under there.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.