PIP Circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Circumstances

gemini83
gemini83 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 20 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I wondered if anyone could help, I am visually impaired along with some other issues and have been getting higher rates of both components on PIP since 2014.

My case was last reviewed in 2019 with 'no change' apart from the award being given 'onwards'

Since then, my vision has hugely deteriorated and i find day-to-day much harder; therefore i wonder if i need/should call them about it (as i get both high rates anyway) so i don't see how it would make any difference - any help would be appreciated.  :)
Best Wishes,
gemini83

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,592 Disability Gamechanger
    As you say you are getting the highest rates anyway so nothing to be achieved by notifying any worsening of your condition.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• trashpanda
    trashpanda Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    technically you're meant to tell them about any changes to your conditions, however you are getting the higher rates. Telling them a change will trigger a review. 
  • gemini83
    gemini83 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Triggering a review is not an issue as they will see things have worsened, plus i have the proof to support this however, I'm unsure how this would affect the amount etc - everything i read suggests that you need to report a change if condition improves.

However, I was told today from a friend that informing them would go in my favour (I don't see how?
    Best Wishes,
    gemini83
  • trashpanda
    trashpanda Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    I think as per the terms and conditions of claiming you're meant to tell them about all and any changes, I'm a worrier so I would tell them but ultimately it's up to you. 

I have found that my PIP documentation supported me when I was applying for things that need additional evidence so I guess it could be viewed as in your favour that way. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,808 Disability Gamechanger
    I think as per the terms and conditions of claiming you're meant to tell them about all and any changes, I'm a worrier so I would tell them but ultimately it's up to you. 

I have found that my PIP documentation supported me when I was applying for things that need additional evidence so I guess it could be viewed as in your favour that way. 
    I disagree in this case because even a worsening of condition will not change the award. They already have maximum award anyway and reporting changes could see them lose everything they already have.

You really do need to be careful about the advice you give. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.