Blurred vision still undiagnosed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blurred vision still undiagnosed

bluebeetle1976
bluebeetle1976 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I have been to another Ophthalmologist today and I still have no diagnosis!!

Comments

• gemini83
    gemini83 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I have also had this with no diagnosis since 1990.

Eventually, i was registered Visually Impaired in 2016 by the Ophthalmologist at the eye hospital, have you asked about this?

They will likely determine that the vision has just reduced to a certain level then stabilised with no improvement based on history of testing if no sign of improvement.

I would defiantly request to see your consultant about this.
    Best Wishes,
    gemini83
  • johndtay
    johndtay Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    You may find some good opticians in your area. I must admit, Specsavers and Boots should be good to look at. I would also suggest speaking with your doctor and get a hospital refferal. It could be an undiagnosed cartrac. 
  • JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 493 Pioneering
    I would agree with the Specsavers shout, after calling them out to test my sight again, as I had blurred & double vision, plus a 'blob' shadow top left eye. They prescribed me prism lenses (which sadly didn't help) & also referred me to the eye hospital. The appointment came through quickly & I've been toing & froing to there for a couple of months now, whilst they scan, test, scan & test again. Hopefully will know what's what soon. I have got cataracts in both eyes that will be sorted, but they're not the problem apparently. 

Glad I go to Specsavers or that they come to me!
  • bluebeetle1976
    what do you do everyday with your vision loss in both eyes?  I try and watch TV I can’t focus properly on it but I can sort of see what’s going on.
  • Zimba
    Zimba Community member Posts: 1,873 Pioneering
    edited April 3
    HI @bluebeetle1976 is the whole tv screen blurry or just parts of it?
  • bluebeetle1976
    I can’t focus on it properly 
  • Zimba
    Zimba Community member Posts: 1,873 Pioneering
    Hi @bluebettle1976 do you wear glasses normally? Have they given you no answers to why your vision is blurry?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.