no payment since moved address — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

no payment since moved address

Options
JaneCowell
JaneCowell Community member Posts: 25 Listener
Hi,
I moved from Wales to England and since writing to ESA with my change of address I've received no payments :( I've been waiting for it to get sorted as I presumed it may take a bit of time with the change of benefit office but I've had no payments for 6 weeks now and it can't go on.
Has anyone experienced anything similar and know why this has happened and what I can expect?
Many thanks

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,712 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think the best in fact the only thing you can do is phone them in the morning and ask, non of us know and can at best guess.
    Hope you get it sorted @JaneCowell
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @JaneCowell, have you been in touch with them and have they given a reason as to why?

Aside from trouble with benefits, I hope the move went well and you are enjoying your new home so far. :) 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • JaneCowell
    JaneCowell Community member Posts: 25 Listener
    Options
    Thank you both.
    I eventually got the courage to call them ( I'm terrified of a review I can't take it). But I had to call as I need the money.
    They said they suspended my claim following my letter as they want people to phone up to prove its them. Doesn't make any sense, it says on the website you can write and I gave the same information in writing as I did today on the phone . Doesn't seem fair to stop money and not write to the new address or even send a text message saying to call. The texted me today after the phone call to say money now in the bank. For example when you change address online with the bank they send a letter to your new address to confirm it was you.
    Seems the DWP have a weird set up meaning they just don't pay you full stop.
    Makes me question their motives and now I'm extremely worried this will have triggered a reassessment.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @JaneCowell, I'm pleased they've sorted that out for you but I agree it doesn't seem like a sensible way for them to do it. If they are waiting for something from a claimant they should make the claimant aware of that instead of leaving them guessing.

Please try not to worry about a reassessment. Moving home or updating details like your address is not a trigger to reassess so if it happens it would be purely a coincidence. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • zane
    zane Community member Posts: 156 Courageous
    Options
    Me and my partner move in future I think it’s stupid stop your money they stop my esa claim no reason all because I send bank statements and saveings don’t count in a year I hate dwp they should go after people who in the wrong so you do right thing and stop it. They got my bank statements what more they want . 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.