Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

Options
missypinks
missypinks Community member Posts: 49 Listener
Hi, please could I get some help I'm so scared, angry and confused and currently feel sick and shaky, how do I start tribunal I don't know where to start? My Mr just came back the same apparently I can do everything,  I just wish they had a secret camera and could actually see the truth not the opposite to what I've explained.

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,354 Scope online community team
    Options
    hi @missypinks, I'm sorry to hear your MR was unsuccessful, but this is often the case, but be aware 70% of cases that go to tribunal ARE successful!  We have all the information here for you to read and we're all here to support you on your journey, so please try not to worry. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,587 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's not unusual for the MR decision to remain the same because only about 23% of decisions change at this stage. There's about 68% chance of success at Tribunal stage providing you either appear in person or have a telephone/video hearing. 

For the Tribunal request you can do that online here.https://www.gov.uk/appeal-benefit-decision/submit-appeal You only need to give a brief reason why you disagree with the decision for now. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • missypinks
    Options
    I really don't know what to write , I disagree because everything they say I can do I can't do , I'm no good at explaining things and don't have any help, the advisor that helped me with original form isn't answering me and tbh he hardly put any info in my 1st form so I tried to put everything into my Mr by myself
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    It's totally ok @missypinks, as Poppy has said, all you need to put for now is why you disagree. Have you spoken to anyone from your local CAB about helping with forms? 
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • missypinks
    Options
    I've just managed to apply online to tribunal, I have tried to ring cab but there is no answer, I will try again, will they help with telling me what evidence I need to send if I didn't send enough with the mr.
  • missypinks
    Options
    I've just had message to say I'll recieve a message in 3 days when appeal has been lodged , what happens now ? Thankyou for answering me I'm a bit of a mess at the moment 
  • missypinks
    Options
    Just had message saying appeal has been lodged and a reference number and that dwp has until 26th April to respond ? This is confusing 😫
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Hey @missypinks it's all laid out for you with the link I gave earlier, but here it is again. The tribunal is independent, so they're nothing to do with the DWP.  The DWP has 28 days to respond when you ask for a tribunal, it's just standard practice so nothing to worry about. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,587 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You don't need to send anything that you've already sent because DWP will send all of that and you will eventually receive everything in what's called the 'bundle"

Don't be alarmed if DWP do not respond by the date given because often they don't. Before they respond they will review everything, sometimes (though rarely) they may make an offer of an award at this stage. If they don't then they will respond. 

The only downside is that waiting times can be exceptionally long. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • missypinks
    Options
  • missypinks
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.