PIP - — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.


dragon60 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
been turned down on mandatory appeal.  Any hints/tips for completing the tribunal application please


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,116 Disability Gamechanger
    You just need to give a brief reason why you disagree with the decision for now. If you have any extra to send you can send that at a later date. You don't need to send anything that you've already sent because DWP will send everything and you will receive a copy in what's called the "bundle." 

    You can request it online here.https://www.gov.uk/appeal-benefit-decision/submit-appeal
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,081 Scope online community team
    Hi @dragon60 I'm sorry to hear your MR was unsuccessful, unfortunately most are, but the good news is around 70% of tribunals are successful. 
    We have some information on our site here about tribunals and what to do. Hopefully our regulars will have lots of top tips for you shortly. :)
    Albus (he/him)

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.