council tax daily living pip reduction advice — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

council tax daily living pip reduction advice

Options
tess19
tess19 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
I was getting a reduction in my council tax because i get the daily living component of pip. I have grown up children living with me, my daughter who lives with me has had a child and now council say I got to pay full council tax, i don't understand as the child is under 18. I have tried to find the answer on the internet but can not seem to find it. Any advice please 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,178 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm afraid all local Authorities have their own rules for council tax reduction so I won't be able to give any advice regarding this. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,233 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @tess19, as Poppy mentioned, this is often different for each local authority so it's difficult to say whether you're still entitled to the reduction.

Council websites vary a bit in how useful they are, but perhaps there's a phone line you could call to see if they can clarify things for you? The council should hopefully list their contact numbers or email address somewhere on the website.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I hope you get some clarification soon :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • tess19
    tess19 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    ok thank you for your replys
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,178 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You could put your details into a benefits calculator and it may give you some idea, as it will bring up your LA. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.