Hi, my name is STEVECAVE! my housing estate has no drop kerbs at all — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is STEVECAVE! my housing estate has no drop kerbs at all

Options
STEVECAVE
STEVECAVE Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 24 in Start here and say hello!
hi everyone
I am a new wheelchair user following a stroke. Was looking forward to getting out and about only to find my housing estate has no drop kerbs at all so I can only go about a 100 yards? It is a fairly modern estate and all private houses,

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,081 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey there  @STEVECAVE and welcome to the community!

How're you doing today?  If you need support with anything, please just ask away, we're all here to help. :)  Sorry to hear about the lack of drop kerbs, I can understand how frustrating that must be! 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 496 Pioneering
    Options

Yep, there can be a shortage & of those that are there, quite often, they're not that dropped. I contacted my local town councillor because of a seriously bad section of pathway (no path on opposite side) & lack of dropped kerbs. The pathway was actually patched (lack of funds), still not great, but at least acted on & 1 kerb was dropped a bit.

So I would say that would be your first port of call & hopefully, yours will listen & the council have some funds to put a few in.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.