what to do about new evidence with a PIP Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

what to do about new evidence with a PIP Tribunal

Options
andrew18
andrew18 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
from what i understand, it that i need to challenge what PIP decided at the time, but not sure what to say if i am ask what meds i am on now and how they effect me, 

i was on pain meds at the time when doing the PIP but they have changed, i was also in hospital put on a drip and given morphine, and given stronger pain killers because the old ones did not help anymore, currently on the max does of tramadol, paravermal, buscopan, amitriptyline plus i think the inhaler changed, i take twenty five tablets a day, after the PIP i have also been seen and been told i have crohn's disease, PIP was aware that Dr's was saying they think i have it but i was told after, that i infect do, i have also had some other symptoms like pain in my hands, i have walken up because of it, feels like someone has them in plyers and turing them, i found it hard to make a fist and yeah not fun this lasted about two months, and also had pain in my neck like i had wiplash, it seems that crohn's is fun and also messes with the small joints, all this is on my medical records, but again after PIP gave me what ever points, i have had someone who has helped do the paper work and have pretty much sorted that out, but my only real problem is me getting mixed up if ask things, as my answers would differ as it take so long to get to tribuunal, things do develop, going form one pain killer to the other, pain has been in the same place, well apart from the hands and neck that was new, but is common with people with crohn's, i also have had a MRI scan and new just waiting on the results from that so i can be given the right level of crohn's meds, both my conditions are life long, as i also have dyslexia and crohn's currently is also, meds do help, but meds would need to be changed as my body does, playing catch up, plus the fun side effects to also then live with, tramadol is a fun one, defiantly a strange pain killer, does effect moods and can increase some of my other symptoms i know all fun, but just like to know about what to say if i am asked about say meds, as yeah things have changed, guessing this is normal as again this all take too long    

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @andrew18 sorry to hear things are taking an age for you. The fun game of side effects roulette can't be helping!

With the tribunal, they'll be more interested in how your disabilities affect each of the PIP descriptors.  So if you can show them how the various medications are affecting the descriptors, with real life examples, that'll work in your favour. 

If you're struggling with remembering, I always find writing things down as bullet points really helps me in assessments or tribunals. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • andrew18
    andrew18 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Hi @andrew18 sorry to hear things are taking an age for you. The fun game of side effects roulette can't be helping!

With the tribunal, they'll be more interested in how your disabilities affect each of the PIP descriptors.  So if you can show them how the various medications are affecting the descriptors, with real life examples, that'll work in your favour. 

If you're struggling with remembering, I always find writing things down as bullet points really helps me in assessments or tribunals. 
    as said, i was on some lower pain meds when i was given standard level of PIP, and as it has been close to a year them meds was no longer affective so was put on stronger meds, they do zone me out for the first 30mins to a level that i would not be safe to drive, crossing the roads at that time would also be problematic, at first with the new mods i did find me taking to many, and read it as to take them every four hours, i was fitting in five does that is a over does, i have later used pill boxed and start taking them about 12, every four house with my last one before i go to bed, to help with improving sleep as the pain is not nice, do also find it take my second does for the pain to subside, but do find being on them better than being off, it is just i new to all this, i have had help from a place in town who job is to deal with this and know the lingo, i am happy with what they have done and will be seeing them very soon but wanting to see what people on here thought, as saying, if i am asked about my every day living, should i ask are they on about from the time of the PIP assessment or current, i think them in town also said about not making to many changes as i could be told to make a new PIP claim or something along them lines, but all my things have been because of things i had a that time and have had time to develop some what, would prefer it all to go back to normal but that is not going to happen ,i have to take things head on with my body and get the help before things become worst,  the thigns with the hand can corse perdament damge still feel it a little now but is nothing like it was, or eyah this as also worsend my hand righting, not that it has ever been good but it defo has become worst 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.