Hi, my name is buddybaron! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is buddybaron!

Options
buddybaron
buddybaron Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I have lots of problems and diagnoses suffice to say I am a wheelchair user outside of home and use Sri k in my tiny home. I had an OT cone to visit me to see if we can make my tiny bathroom more a cessbke. He came in argued when I asked him if he had shoe covers or could slip his shoes of ad I have cream carpets.. no one wants their carpets messed up when they do t have a disability ten times worse when you do and another thing you have to ask your family member who helped with your care and another thing to add to your guilt. He was so rude going on about how he has never been asked to do this blah bla. He discussed my options but spent more time telling me I will have to wait ages the council doesn’t have any money on and in he wrnt with the negativity… in my head I was picking him up and throwing him out the door at this point lol. He went upstairs when he finally came down telling me all the negatives he said he hoped I don’t mind but he used my toilet! I literally felt sick I have ocd because I’m in my home most days hardly going anywhere other thsn docs hospital I am not married also I have 3 children with special needs and I have to have my home a certain way standard. I know some of u may not understand but u less you are family or a friend I won’t let anyone use my toilet for reasons outlined. When I wrnt upstairs after oer everywhere I felt like crying was so angry. When he wrnt to put his shoes back in he put his shoes up on stairs so he didn’t have to bend over. On the cream stairs instead of sitting on stair to put them in and had mud all over my carpet. I felt like this person is supposed to be a bit compassionate have a bit of understanding on the state of play when u have so many extra struggles.. can anyone else relate or is it just me 🥵😭

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry that you had to go through that. I can't say I've ever had any issues with any OT that's been in my home, they've always been very friendly and even removed their shoes when they visited my new home because of my new carpets which had recently been put down. 

They should not have just used your toilet without first asking, that would have been a no for me!

If you're not happy with the way you were treated then you can put in a complaint with your local Authority. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,280 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @buddybaron, sorry you had such a bad experience with the OT, it doesn't sound like they were very respectful of you or your house so I can understand why you're angry about it. As Poppy says, maybe it's worth making a complaint about them if you're feeling up to it.

I hope you'll find our community a friendly place, we're always here to listen if you need to chat about things! :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.