PLEASE HELP ME — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PLEASE HELP ME

Options
blue_jade95
blue_jade95 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I had a pip review over the phone, they asked me could I walk to the shop which I answered yes he said often I said no as I have accidents with my bowl and have social agoraphobia which was diagnosed in a assessment in 2018 and not on my recent on of 2024 would this still apply as I feel I still have this diagnosis? And with walking to the shop would the assessor class this as on a good day, as he asked further as to shopping (big store)and appointments I always go with mum or sister as feel more safe and calms me more  the assessor also asked when the last time I went to my local shop was which was over a week ago and also asked if can ask staff for help which I replied yes only because I’m familiar with the staff there they ask me how I am etc 

I know with pip they look at day to day daily which I go shopping with my mother one a week to going to my local shop twice a month 

If anyone could give me some advice this would be great as my mental health is overthinking constantly thank you 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,669 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @blue_jade95 hi and welcome to scope, you have had the assessment so now all you can do is wait for the decision which can take upto 12 weeks but can be sooner, I know its easy to say sit back and wait but it really is all you can do.
    Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,374 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think it will be impossible for anyone to speculate anything at this stage. I know it's difficult but try to focus on something else while you wait for the decision. Once it's made you will be contacted. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.