New surgeon or hospital? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New surgeon or hospital?

Options
Jcaans
Jcaans Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hello I didn't know where to put this

I suffer from severe sleep apnea and asthma and nerve problems in my arm.

I've had two operations in my nose. 1 last year as well. I am requiring another revision operation this year again.

I feel the surgeon has already had 2 attempts and it's gone worse now. He had another consultation with me and said he needs to do an op again as it wasn't successful.

Is there a way I can check other hospitals in different hospitals? And research on surgeons ? 

As I can't keep going back and getting the same thing done ?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,669 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can ask for a second opinion, or you could always pay to see a consultant privately see what they think, but keep in mind consultants rarely if ever go against each other.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.