Hi, my name is GorgeousAlbie3! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is GorgeousAlbie3!

GorgeousAlbie3
GorgeousAlbie3 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I, too have severe anxiety when my dental check up or hygiene visit is due. I am generally quite an anxious person anyway. I do go for my checks and I have a lovely dentist but when he tries to x ray, I just end up gagging which is embarrassing. I find the hygiene visit very uncomfortable and it seems to go on far too long, so I sometimes find myself cancelling. Anxiety is a horrible condition and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 3,930 Scope online community team
    Heya @GorgeousAlbie3 and welcome to the community. :)

I'm sorry to hear your anxiety gives you issues with the dentists. I certainly don't like seeing the hygienist, I often feel like I've been beaten up afterwards!  Have you spoken to your GP about your anxiety? Or offered any talking therapies? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.