Reporting a new health condition to UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reporting a new health condition to UC

Options
berry61
berry61 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
Hi, I reported all my health conditions to UC when first applying back in January and they are listed when I look on my journal.
We have just ended the 2nd assessment period for UC.

I have finally been diagnosed yesterday with a new health condition after long periods of suffering and lots of GP appointments etc.

When I report this new health condition on my journal what do I enter as the start date, do i put yestedays date 26th march after my GP appointment when he finally diagnosed it or when I started to have the symptons which was several months ago. I don't know how it would affect past assessment periods of UC if the dates was backdated to when I started suffering with it.
Thanks for any help

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,178 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 27
    Options
    You've already reported a health condition, supported by a fit note. Therefore you do not need to report this diagnosis. You have to be very careful about reporting things like this because it can complicate things. It's also not about a diagnosis. 

After you reported your first health condition, you should be referred for a work capability assessment around 29 days later (though can often be after this) 

When you eventually receive the UC50 form you should put all of your health conditions on the form. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • berry61
    Options
    Thank you poppy for explaining that
  • berry61
    Options
    Hi poppy,

I have received a ucd35 letter today saying...

You will receive a letter and a Capability for Work questionnaire from The Health Assessment Advisory Service. 

Is this a bit early ? I'm only 2 weeks into my initial 6 weeks fitnote period after surgery on the 16th march when the fitnote started.

Thank
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • berry61
    Options
    Hi everyone and in particular poppy123456.
    I have already reported a fit note to my employer and UC after shoulder surgery which was the 16th march. The fit note was for 6 weeks from the 16th march.
    This has been accepted by UC on my journal and my employer. I have received a work capability assessment form to complete from UC which I am currently in the process of. I have today the 9th April been back to the outpatient clinic to see the consultant who performed the surgery and he has given me another fit note dated today 9th April for 3 months. If I report this new fit note to UC will it cause any issue the fact that this new fit note overlappes the original one. I go back to clinic in 3 months time.
    Thanks for any advice
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I hope surgery went well and you're now on the road to recovery. You don't need to report the fit note until the current one has expired. It doesn't matter that it's dated from 9th April, it will still be accepted when you do provide it. 
  • berry61
    Options
    Your a star poppy , and thank uiu for asking about the surgery. All went well and surgeon is pleased, just no heavy lift for several months afterwards otherwise risk of undoing all the work 
  • berry61
    Options
    Sorry poppy one more thing , the new fit note is dated today the 9th April for 3 months as I've said, what actual date would that end would it be 9th July or another date 
    Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. I'm glad everything went well.. No washing up for the next several months then  ;):D

Yes, it will end on 9th July. 
  • berry61
    Options
    That's great poppy thank you again.... yes its a good excuse to get out of house work 🙂
  • berry61
    Options
    I have only just noticed that my new fit note I have received from the hospital outpatients today hasn't got any official rubber stamp on like my first one had when I was discharged after surgery. It has got the consulatants name on it.Will that make any difference to UC or my employer.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It doesn't make a difference. 
  • berry61
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.